Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan246

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
hi I know its early but what are your guys thoughts about what ios 11 design will be. I think it will have a new UI because we have had the same design since iOS 7. What do you guys think. Let me know. Thanks

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That thread hasn't had a post in over three months.
Which doesn't really change that there's a thread about this topic with an existing discussion about it all that can be of use to someone looking for that kind of information (and further discussion about it all can also be continued there too if desired).

jdoll021

macrumors 6502
Perhaps
Which doesn't really change that there's a thread about this topic with an existing discussion about it all that can be of use to someone looking for that kind of information (and further discussion about it all can also be continued there too if desired).

Perhaps, though I was looking for a place to post my idea and it is my understanding that forum etiquette says "thou shalt not resurrect a dead thread."

Reactions: EnderBeta

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Perhaps

Perhaps, though I was looking for a place to post my idea and it is my understanding that forum etiquette says "thou shalt not resurrect a dead thread."
A few months old is hardly dead. Furthermore, there really isn't an issue posting in an older thread if you are posting about the topic and its still relevant and makes sense as far as timing goes (as far as, for example, replying to some issue someone had years back that has been either resolved long ago or is likely no longer an issue or what's behind it has long been changed already).

jdoll021

macrumors 6502
A few months old is hardly dead. Furthermore, there really isn't an issue posting in an older thread if you are posting about the topic and its still relevant and makes sense as far as timing goes (as far as, for example, replying to some issue someone had years back that has been either resolved long ago or is likely no longer an issue or what's behind it has long been changed already).

Well, I'd love to continue discussing the philosophy and etiquette of forum posting, but instead, I think I'll just leave it with "point taken." :)

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
I doubt there'll be any really major changes to the UI. If you think about it, if they change the iOS 11 UI drastically, they'd have to change the macOS UI in the next version (or the one after that) as well, to make their products consistent. Probably just a couple UI changes here and there, but the style will probably remain.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
hi I know its early but what are your guys thoughts about what ios 11 design will be. I think it will have a new UI because we have had the same design since iOS 7. What do you guys think. Let me know. Thanks

There won't be a major UI redesign (besides possible dark mode). iOS 10 was the redesign.

iOS 1-3
iOS 4-6
iOS 7-9
iOS 10-?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.