Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ortiz7983

Suspended
Aug 6, 2012
There will be more features later on when they announce the iPhone 8. Why do you think this is it? They did it last time the iPhone 7 came out. They will say some bullcrap that the new features only work on the new iPhone 8. They have to make the iPhone 8 stand out from the iPhone 7 with extra features on the software.

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
That's possible darling. You can slide from the screen or 3D touch and get a bigger slider. Or more options.

Darling, that's not what I want. I want to be able to slide without having to click into something. Weather it's 3D Touch or not a regular click, I want to have the scrubber right there.

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
Clutter. More buttons, more screens, more menus. No longer do you simply get a keyboard in iMessages.

Apple was always praised for keeping things simple, free of clutter, often at the expense of more unique features.

Of course you just get a keyboard in iMessages. In fact the default screen is a keyboard, ONE arrow button and a dictation mic. That's it. It couldn't be more simple.

iMessage also needs to keep up with Whatsapp and Facebook messenger that have all these extras that people use and want - and if you don't, you've still got a very simple messaging app.
[doublepost=1496922296][/doublepost]
I think you are wrong, the dumbest is the donglesbook buyers lol

The dumbest are the people who think you need "dongles" to use USB-C ports and don't get it at all.

Reactions: sinsin07

Ortiz7983

Suspended
Aug 6, 2012
N
Sorry, but that's how Apple builds its products with a harmonious balance of form and function. This is one of Apple's core value propositions that differentiates them from the rest of the PC and mobile world. You can try sugar coating it anyway you like, but this implementation of a customizable screen is just downright ugly.
Nope. That's just your opinion. As for me, looks kick ass.

Reactions: sinsin07

crf8

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2017
I have never used control center but would like to now that these changes are coming. It looks really bland currently.

Last edited:

JamesLeSmash

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
Anyone else like to see a VPN on/off toggle on the new Control Centre? Even if it only toggled a default VPN...

nixfu

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2008
Holy COW! That new control center sure looks almost exactly like the SBSettings jailbroken control center that has been used by jailbreakers for half a decade now. I remember using a theme that looked just like that.

Kameha

Suspended
Aug 17, 2016
Of course you just get a keyboard in iMessages. In fact the default screen is a keyboard, ONE arrow button and a dictation mic. That's it. It couldn't be more simple.

iMessage also needs to keep up with Whatsapp and Facebook messenger that have all these extras that people use and want - and if you don't, you've still got a very simple messaging app.
[doublepost=1496922296][/doublepost]

The dumbest are the people who think you need "dongles" to use USB-C ports and don't get it at all.
DonglesBook is for teenagers that still need $ from real professional parents

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.