Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AnthonyG6

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
When do you guys think the 12.1.1 GM will likely be released to the public based on previous timeframes?

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Seeing this frequently on both my 8+ (12.1) and IPP (12.1.1b3):
The number in the app badge frequently does not match the actual number inside the app. Especially banking apps and email. If I go into the app and refresh, the badge may or may not change to reflect actual.

The example is from the GMail app. Said I had 19 emails unread. Opened the app and I had two. Even after a refresh the mismatch remained. It cleaned up a few minutes later.
Badge.jpg App Actual.jpg

LosLoco

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
A strange problem, that I encountered in some of the early 12.0-beta's, suddenly reoccured last night.

My HomeKit-connected lights startede acting as if I was leaving the house and returning shortly after again (turning of all my lights and then only turning on the ones in my hallway and kitchen as per my automations), even though both my wifi and I were quite stationary on the couch...

As described, I experienced the same during the early 12.0-betas, but hasn't seen the problem since. Before last night.

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
Have apple slowed down the switch on with the power button?

It used to work with a single 1 sec press of the power. Now I’m having to hold the button for around 5 secs before the phone powers on. Using a XS Max

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
Have apple slowed down the switch on with the power button?

It used to work with a single 1 sec press of the power. Now I’m having to hold the button for around 5 secs before the phone powers on. Using a XS Max

Noticed this too.

It does it on the iPhone X as well. At first I thought something was wrong with both my X and Xs! No clue why they implemented that, if they meant too.

:apple:

youknome

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
Has anyone encountered an issue when they unlock with Face ID and it goes into the home screen and then try to click an app.

It appears to show a ghost keyboard character - as if the keyboard is supposedly to be there?

Very temperamental - can’t say it happens all the time. 1 in every 40 or so unlock.
[doublepost=1542752327][/doublepost]
Still running into the keyboard bug after swiping up to unlock, but other than that this seems like a pretty stable beta. Cellular much better than previous .1 betas (LTE, AT&T).

So I’m not insane! I’ve been running into that - it’s very temperamental and hard to replicate.

I was thinking it may be hardware related.

Reactions: stoopkidblues

RPB65

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2017
Folks, I've hit a problem with this beta I've never seen before, ever.
I was listening to Apple Music. It stopped playing, gave me a 'try again' error and would not refresh at all.
The Internet connection is good, iPhones was soft reset, then rebooted. Still no good.
So I sign out of my iTunes and app store. (Different email address to my iCloud account. This goes back a lot of years and cannot be changed to my other me.com email address)
Now every time I try to sign back into iTunes and app store, it bounces me straight back to the previous screen whereby I am not signed in.
This is a loop I Cannot get out of. I have rebooted and soft reset my phone.
My iTunes ID is correct and I know it is as I am signed in on my MacBook and have just signed into AppleID website also.
Why is my XS Max not letting me sign in?
Any ideas?
Edited to add my iCloud and iTunes login's are different and always will be. Apple will not let me use my me.com email address for my iTunes and app store for some bizarre reason.

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
I was listening to Apple Music. It stopped playing, gave me a 'try again' error and would not refresh at all.
The Internet connection is good, iPhones was soft reset, then rebooted. Still no good.
So I sign out of my iTunes and app store. (Different email address to my iCloud account. This goes back a lot of years and cannot be changed to my other me.com email address)
Now every time I try to sign back into iTunes and app store, it bounces me straight back to the previous screen whereby I am not signed in.
My iTunes ID is correct and I know it is as I am signed in on my MacBook and have just signed into AppleID website also.
Any ideas?

App Store - Issue
Today, 8:20 PM - ongoing

Some users are affected

Users are experiencing a problem with the App Store. We are investigating and will update the status as more information becomes available.

Apple Music - Issue

Some users are affected

Users may be unable to access multiple services or make purchases.

RPB65

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2017
App Store - Issue

Some users are affected

Users are experiencing a problem with the App Store. We are investigating and will update the status as more information becomes available.

Apple Music - Issue

Some users are affected

Users may be unable to access multiple services or make purchases.

Hmm, thanks for the rapid reply john991, I appreciate it! :D
I found a website and it was showing all Green dots, so not sure what was going on there.
I will assume I may be one of the ones affected and try again later. It's 2am here in the UK and I am getting tired and crabbit. LOL.

Reactions: dk001

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Texts aren’t going through to non IPhones. The dreaded green texts are stuck on sending.

Had that come and go along with other iMessage issues ... :(
[doublepost=1542772674][/doublepost]
Any ideas?
Edited to add my iCloud and iTunes login's are different and always will be. Apple will not let me use my me.com email address for my iTunes and app store for some bizarre reason.

Is this the only place you have had an issue?
Same boat (.me) with the plot logins but I don’t use Apple Music.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Hello guys! Someone with broken HANDOFF ? On my iPad Pro 12 it correctly send popup to my iMac but when I click on the icon it just open the app but nothing happens. See video below:

http://ipnotik.net/video/handoff.mp4

Opening, status updates, notifications, etc ...
The interaction between my rMB, IPP on beta, and 8+ has been broken in whole or part since Beta 3 in my iPP. The 8+ and rMB are running latest released OS (not beta).

OJCDEV

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2013
Anyone having proximity sensor trouble? When I place or answer a call, the screen goes off when placing phone to my face. But doesn’t not come back on when removed from my face!

I believe that I’ve only experienced this since updating to beta 2/3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.