Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Jason B

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2010
Not sure where to put this, but I've confirmed issues with apple that many might not know about. It started on 12.1 public release, I need to know if these issues are FIXED this this beta you are discussing and if not, I need to return this phone as it's adding hours extra to my day for work.

new iphone Xs and this is an issue with Ios 12.1, Also any iphone on 12.1 does the same thing.

Go into a long text message thread you have that has a bunch of images in it. Pic a big one.... Click the name of the person, then click info , then you'll be in the images for that text thread. As soon as you start scrolling down, it goes nuts and brings you always to the BOTTOM of all the images, and then you have to scroll back up and it takes forever! THis is a big in ios 12. My friends has an iphone 6 and updated, and same thing.

Here's a video: iPhone XS iOS 12.1 Clicking info in messages to view images glitch - YouTube

jessebkr87

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2016
Not sure where to put this, but I've confirmed issues with apple that many might not know about. It started on 12.1 public release, I need to know if these issues are FIXED this this beta you are discussing and if not, I need to return this phone as it's adding hours extra to my day for work.

new iphone Xs and this is an issue with Ios 12.1, Also any iphone on 12.1 does the same thing.

Go into a long text message thread you have that has a bunch of images in it. Pic a big one.... Click the name of the person, then click info , then you'll be in the images for that text thread. As soon as you start scrolling down, it goes nuts and brings you always to the BOTTOM of all the images, and then you have to scroll back up and it takes forever! THis is a big in ios 12. My friends has an iphone 6 and updated, and same thing.

Here's a video: iPhone XS iOS 12.1 Clicking info in messages to view images glitch - YouTube

This issue finally went away for me in beta 2.

Jason B

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2010

Oh wow!!! Ok, I guess I need to get on this beta program asap. A few more questions.

1) Is there a list of what's fixed in beta 2 from the other problems with the current public release of ios 12.1? I saw the first page of this thread, but that just shows the issues and bugs with the beta version....

2) Also, if you want to upload a video in your camera roll or youtube, the youtube icon is now GONE. It's been there for years!

3) After I install the beta, when the public release software comes out, will my from be promoted to update over the air? I read I will have to restore from a pre beta backup first, then update? That's a lot of work... I just want to be able to go from a beta to a public release without having to restore, etc....

Last edited:

jessebkr87

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2016
As far as the list of bugs we compile in here, beta 2 only fixed the problem you just spoke about and beta 1 only fixed an icon/text alignment issue in certain apps.

You don’t need to restore. Either the final beta we get will be the same as the public release, or if they change the public release from the final beta you can just delete the beta profile and install the update.

There is one of these threads for each beta release. The first post in each thread lists the resolved issues (if any).

Reactions: Jason B

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Oh wow!!! Ok, I guess I need to get on this beta program asap. A few more questions.

1) Is there a list of what's fixed in beta 2 from the other problems with the current public release of ios 12.1? I saw the first page of this thread, but that just shows the issues and bugs with the beta version....

2) Also, if you want to upload a video in your camera roll or youtube, the youtube icon is now GONE. It's been there for years!

3) After I install the beta, when the public release software comes out, will my from be promoted to update over the air? I read I will have to restore from a pre beta backup first, then update? That's a lot of work... I just want to be able to go from a beta to a public release without having to restore, etc....
The list on post 1 are just random bugs people report but not specifically with the particular beta being discussed. Some issues may go back as far as iOS 11 or earlier. The threads used to only list issues with a particular beta but now there are sections. So 'Remaining issues' section are not necessarily with any particular beta but issues that folks have that may not have been fixed in a new beta. You can look at each thread b1 b2 etc and see the particulars for each release that was addressed in that version. And no restore required when official release comes out.

maxchile

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2018
Santiago, Chile.
Hi all,

I have an apple watch series 4 (gps + cellular, version 5.1.1) and an iphone XS Max (64 gigabytes version 12.1).

And I have the following situation, just a couple of meters away from the iphone I see on the clock the icon of the iphone in red ( lost the connection), it is very strange, before I had a series 3 with iphone X and I did not face this problem, I moved many meters away in the office and in the house and the signal was not lost.
Otherthing, the pop up image to config ( new) my apple watch or my airpods only appears when i touch with the phone.
I contacted Apple support (chat) and did test on iphone and clock and also unpair and pair the clock with the iphone several times, I also reset the network connection on the Iphone, but the same problem continues.

Has someone else happened to you? some workaround? maybe some beta version could resolve my issue? i beg!

Thank you!

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
IPP 12.9 G2 LTE
Have been seeing some battery display issues since B3.
Paying a bit more attention: Will plug in IPP to charge. Noticing that when charging, once the iPad is greater than 97%, the display may show "Not Charging" in the upper right. Unplugging and replugging will recommence charging. This is intermittent and irrespective of charger or cable.

Jason B

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2010

Well, I just joined the beta program and installed the latest beta right now, and it didn't fit it! Crap. Behaves the same way as in my video. THis would be beta 3 I guess, if I just had my phone download it 30 min ago and install. It shows 12.1.1 on my phone.

@jessebkr87 I'm wondering if Beta 2 fixed it for you, but now Beta 3 changed something? Any ideas? I also tried rebooting twice and no dice.

christian.terra

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
Well, I just joined the beta program and installed the latest beta right now, and it didn't fit it! Crap. Behaves the same way as in my video. THis would be beta 3 I guess, if I just had my phone download it 30 min ago and install. It shows 12.1.1 on my phone.

@jessebkr87 I'm wondering if Beta 2 fixed it for you, but now Beta 3 changed something? Any ideas? I also tried rebooting twice and no dice.

I had an issue with it bouncing back to top. Impossible to reach bottom in a thread with someone you share location with. It was fixed in beta 2, but is now broken again unfortunately.

Jason B

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2010
I had an issue with it bouncing back to top. Impossible to reach bottom in a thread with someone you share location with. It was fixed in beta 2, but is now broken again unfortunately.

Damn!! Yea, I talked with another member on here that was on beta 2, where this issue WAS FIXED, and now on beta 3 the issue is back! So, it seems the beta 2 fix for this is GONE on beta 3 :( WHY?!?

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Sometimes I see the Profiles option pops up from time to time and there’s no profile installed since beta 1.

Attachments

• 3F308E78-55F9-48F1-89D8-495008149B4B.png
    3F308E78-55F9-48F1-89D8-495008149B4B.png
    282.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 714DE5CB-7B71-4BD7-A43D-B3F846DBC2DC.png
    714DE5CB-7B71-4BD7-A43D-B3F846DBC2DC.png
    178 KB · Views: 218

Jason B

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2010
So, when in a text message, and then clicking "info" the bug WAS FIXED on beta 2, and is now back on beta 3. WHo do we tell about this???

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
So, I decided to finally do a reset and restore from iCloud because I kept having inconsistent performance, notifications not clearing, swiping away notifications having glitches, and messages (and regular texts) missing my images (have to "tap to download" them, only to find them gone a again few days later, why)..well, now after restore, half my messages are missing, most convo have less than 15 threads. No pics in them...like what the hell, anyone else having a similar experience? especially with messages?

I check my iCloud and storage seems good. I'm so confused, is this another bug? and now very frustrated. Gonna try disabling messages in the cloud.

Update: plugged in phone and it pop up a prompt in Messages saying it's downloading my messages....so problem solved? Lets see..also lets see if the previous issues I was experiencing are fixed as well. Will know later today.

Update 2: no more messages issues, notifications seem much better.

Last edited:

maxchile

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2018
Santiago, Chile.
Hi all,

I have an apple watch series 4 (gps + cellular, version 5.1.1) and an iphone XS Max (64 gigabytes version 12.1).

And I have the following situation, just a couple of meters away from the iphone I see on the clock the icon of the iphone in red ( lost the connection), it is very strange, before I had a series 3 with iphone X and I did not face this problem, I moved many meters away in the office and in the house and the signal was not lost.
Otherthing, the pop up image to config ( new) my apple watch or my airpods only appears when i touch with the phone.
I contacted Apple support (chat) and did test on iphone and clock and also unpair and pair the clock with the iphone several times, I also reset the network connection on the Iphone, but the same problem continues.

Has someone else happened to you? some workaround? maybe some beta version could resolve my issue? i beg!

Thank you!
Guys, do you think my issue could resolved by software update ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.