Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
I hope the annoying bugs from the fourth beta are fixed.
Indeed. Thus far the strange keyboard-hiding-lag bug I experienced in beta 4 on my iPad Mini 4 seems resolved as do the wifi issues I encountered on my iPhone 8 Plus*. May be too early to say but it seemed worth noting.

EDIT: The blank-webpage-after-app-switching bug I noticed in Safari on beta 4 seems resolved as well.

*RE-EDIT: Nevermind; the wifi connectivity issues have yet to be resolved here on the 8 Plus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Hawk

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Yes, that was supposed to be funny. It's something called sarcasm, perhaps you've heard of it?
5K24WQe.gif

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
Indeed. Thus far the strange keyboard-hiding-lag bug I experienced in beta 4 on my iPad Mini 4 seems resolved as do the wifi issues I encountered on my iPhone 8 Plus*. May be too early to say but it seemed worth noting.

EDIT: The blank-webpage-after-app-switching bug I noticed in Safari on beta 4 seems resolved as well.

*RE-EDIT: Nevermind; the wifi connectivity issues have yet to be resolved here on the 8 Plus.
Never had any wifi issues on my 8 plus, you sure it’s the software?

Reactions: sorgo †

Dario69

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2017
This has happened to you on 12.2 as well? Are you using eSIM? What solves the issue for you? Quickly toggling Airplane mode? Has a reset of network settings helped?

I get this with the XR as well. To correct this I toggle the mobile data icon in the drop down Control Panel. It fixes it for me at least. The 8+ has the beta the XR doesn’t. I might pull the switch on thE XR and 12.2 though.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
That's pretty broad. To which annoying bugs are you referring?
iMessage notifications are disappearing or I don't even get notifications from the messages app. I see the volume his very often. WiFi issues, sometimes I have connection but it's very slow. Or even when my iPhone is muted I can still hear sound.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
iMessage notifications are disappearing or I don't even get notifications from the messages app. I see the volume his very often. WiFi issues, sometimes I have connection but it's very slow. Or even when my iPhone is muted I can still hear sound.
The volume hud? I don't think that's a bug; just bad design. What sounds are you hearing when your phone is muted? Are you adjusting the volume down with the volume rocker, in Settings or with the physical mute switch?

I assume you have an A12 iPhone based on your connection issue. Safe assumption?

Sendmenudes02

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2018
I have an iPhone 6 and this beta is awesome is smooth as ****. Ios 12.1.4 was **** but now my iphone is flying. I Hope final release gets even better. I haven’t had any lag in this beta and the keyboard is smooth as ****. I recommend you all to install this beta.

I cant tell you how battery life is because I just installed this but we will know soon

Reactions: roncron

The Oak

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2013
I have an iPhone 6 and this beta is awesome is smooth as ****. Ios 12.1.4 was **** but now my iphone is flying. I Hope final release gets even better. I haven’t had any lag in this beta and the keyboard is smooth as ****. I recommend you all to install this beta.

I cant tell you how battery life is because I just installed this but we will know soon

Is "smooth as ****" is better than "****"???

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.