Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ShaneSparkyYYZ

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Has the alarm clock bug been fixed in iOS 12.3 beta?

When I updated to iOS 12.2 final, my alarm clock goes off but no audible sound happens. Checked the sound settings and everything. Had to install a 3rd party app as a workaround.

iPhone XS 256GB (GSM) model.

woody81

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2019
Has anyone else filed a bug report to Apple about the new for you section recommending disliked albums?

I just filed a bug report to Apple about the new Apple music algorithm

For me the layout and suggestions are awesome and a lot better than previously but one thing that it’s doing wrong is suggesting playlists for genres that are completely irrelevant to me and had never previously been suggested in the old for you section

I mentioned that I am getting album recommendations even though I have previously dislike them days or weeks ago and I can also go into an artist age and dislike every single album days and still get the album is recommended to me

I also mentioned that I could listen to part of a song, skip on the next one play another part of the song and then stop and then the next time for you refreshes it will then start suggesting albums by that artist

As an example I was skipping through Beyoncé’s latest live album ad of curiosity and then the next time I went into for you it had started suggesting albums based on Beyoncé or playlists even though I had not liked it and it was not my style of music

I suggested to them that for you section should only reflect suggestions based on things you are actively liking or listening to more than just a few skips or are in your library of artist you like
[doublepost=1556604410][/doublepost]
You might want include the post you’re responding to in your post. Have no idea what you’re referring to.
Oh it was the wifi disconnecting one

Last edited:

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I’m guessing you’re talking about disabling it? I think I missed the post.

Yep.

If you are correct then it’s working as intended indeed, and Apple must have finally figured it out or fixed it. This now means I’m out of luck with this annoyance. This is a dumb idea without more control over it. Now I have to turn WiFi completely off when I go biking and suffer weak GPS, and lack of airdrop while I’m outside with friends.

But it looks like this is your issue as you say. I agree, I don’t like it that much either.

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
WiFi is still weak in this beta. Drops connections with medium signal on the XS Max.

But it looks like this is your issue as you say. I agree, I don’t like it that much either.

Yea I’d figured it was... didn’t notice it as an issue until these 12.3 betas. So Apple must have improved it to “work as expected.” I’m curious how the general public gonna take it. Then again most don’t turn off WiFi or got a situation like me with a few saved public WiFi.

dreadlord

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2016
Finally, just barely, was able to reproduce the WiFi bug while recording.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gayPAo3SnsjS7CBe8

Notes

Took about 10mins before this capture

I was on a bus

It seems to happen when browsing around the phone or in a app while moving.

Bug: WiFi doesn’t obey “until tomorrow” notice when disabled from control center. Instead it enables itself again after a few mins of movement. Or in a app. Or it just happens randomly. It’s a bit unpredictable but it will enable itself eventually. Started with 12.3 beta 1.

Turn off Location for Wi-Fi networks under Privacy settings.

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
I’m guessing you’re talking about disabling it? I think I missed the post.

Naw you’re correct. But I don’t remember being this annoying in 12.2. The idea is cool but only with more control of it. What if you’re biking around the city or in a taxi. It will try to connect to most public WiFi you have saved and some of those can be slow and congested.

Good point. Thanks. Never thought of that.

Thanks. I must have missed this text Near by. It’s the same in my iPad with 12.2. But still odd it’s happening in this version vs 12.2 where it didn’t auto enable right away before.

If you are correct then it’s working as intended indeed, and Apple must have finally figured it out or fixed it. This now means I’m out of luck with this annoyance. This is a dumb idea without more control over it. Now I have to turn WiFi completely off when I go biking and suffer weak GPS, and lack of airdrop while I’m outside with friends.

Or reset WiFi settings to get rid of all my saved access points. And remember them again when I need to connect to them when there is no service.

This sucks. I must be the only one who don’t like it this way.
You know, there is a toggle called „Auto-Join“ for every wifi connection you have (Settings > Wifi > connection of your choice > Auto-Join). You can disable said option for the slow public ones and only keep them for the networks you definitely want to automatically connect to. At least that‘s what I do.

When I updated to iOS 12.2 final, my alarm clock goes off but no audible sound happens. Checked the sound settings and everything. Had to install a 3rd party app as a workaround.

Can‘t reproduce on iOS12.2 final, alarm goes off every day ruining my sweet dreams.

Reactions: ShaneSparkyYYZ

TheByteSmasher

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
Atlantis
You know, there is a toggle called „Auto-Join“ for every wifi connection you have (Settings > Wifi > connection of your choice > Auto-Join). You can disable said option for the slow public ones and only keep them for the networks you definitely want to automatically connect to. At least that‘s what I do.

Can‘t reproduce on iOS12.2 final, alarm goes off every day ruining my sweet dreams.

I've had this issue also, but I blew it off as sleepy imagination since my watch woke me anyway...

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I don't think screen recordings are necessary, but any long-standing bugs is what I'm talking about, so any on the Wiki would be fine.

Basically, just have one of this forum's more articulate members write up copy for each respective "bug" that we can copy/paste in the Feedback app, which should be enough similarities to hopefully get Apple's attention.

As I stated, that Movies Anywhere "HD" tag bug in the TV app bugs the heck out of me, and I think it'd be an easy fix that is quite timely given iOS 12.3's focus on the TV app.

I only suggested screen recordings to make it less work intensive for what we'll call the OR, Original Reporter.
[doublepost=1556629089][/doublepost]I have good news. Apple emailed me regarding the USB bug (where if you plugged anything into the phone, including the Apple Lightning-3.5mm adapter) in, it'd give you the security warning.

This has been fixed.

Edit: Goes to add this to the Wiki, sees it was already added to the Wiki.

RobHandz

Cancelled
Aug 10, 2018
Whenever I pickup a call on the iPhone, I can‘t switch to bluetooth headphones. I can only select speaker or earpiece. Has anyone else had this issue?

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
I just pushed feedback about my XS Max not being able to download faster than 25-30 Mbps on a 150 line. Other devices don’t have the issue. Must be these terrible intel modems. I hate intel, yuck.

Reactions: decypher44

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I just pushed feedback about my XS Max not being able to download faster than 25-30 Mbps on a 150 line. Other devices don’t have the issue. Must be these terrible intel modems. I hate intel, yuck.
Have you tried forgetting your WiFi connection and reconnecting again? Have you reset network settings? I’m on 400/20 and my XS Max tests at 470/23.

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
I've tried and it's intermittent. Almost like the phone is doing something in the background that is causing it to run slow. I'm not entirely sure, but the stability isn't very great.

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri

I use the alarm clock daily without issue on my XR. Have never had an issue with any version of iOS. Currently on 12.3 b4.

Reactions: ShaneSparkyYYZ

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA
Something new: I have an XSMax, using Apple’s battery case and Belkin’s wireless setup. After updating to b4, my phone kept “disconnecting/reconnecting” to the wireless charger. It was annoying as it makes that little sound and lights up a bit while I was trying to sleep. Haven’t had this issue before yesterday.

liquidiq

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2018
Texas

Make sure you're on a 5GHz WiFi. Then do the speedcheck again.

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
Iphone7 :
No alarm clock bug, works as it always had. Also, battery seems great. Off Charger at 100% , took an hour of SOT before it dropped to 99%. This is better than the last beta. Fluidness, smoothness and overall operations seem better than beta 3 for me. Also wifi is as before, fine, no problems. Happy with it.

stefanwa

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2009
For me it seems that the micro lag/stutter when scrolling in Safari seems at least not that evident than in previous builds. I‘m on an XS, updated about 24h ago when the beta came out and no reboot since then. I hope it stays this way! Anyone else noticed it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.