Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
My alarm went off with sound this morning. Then again I got a call a hour before it went off. I’ve had the alarm issue happened randomly on my iPad as well.

Turn off Location for Wi-Fi networks under Privacy settings.

Thanks! How did you discover it? lol. Gonna test it out today. So far it doesn’t seem to be affecting GPS accuracy either.

You know, there is a toggle called „Auto-Join“ for every wifi connection you have (Settings > Wifi > connection of your choice > Auto-Join). You can disable said option for the slow public ones and only keep them for the networks you definitely want to automatically connect to. At least that‘s what I do.

Can‘t reproduce on iOS12.2 final, alarm goes off every day ruining my sweet dreams.

Thanks but the thing is it’s not all the networks in certain areas. Most of them have the same name, some are fast and not congested. For example, me riding past Times Square in NYC. I usually go there to browse around and cellular connection is slow, so WiFi helps, but some are fast and some ain’t. Most of them have the same name. For example, cable WiFi.

Last edited:

Dieseldk

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2013
Denmark
My alarm went off with sound this morning. Then again I got a call a hour before it went off. I’ve had the alarm issue happened randomly on my iPad as well.

Thanks! How did you discover it? lol. Gonna test it out today. So far it doesn’t seem to be affecting GPS accuracy either.

Thanks but the thing is it’s not all the networks in certain areas. Most of them have the same name, some are fast and not congested. For example, me riding past Times Square in NYC. I usually go there to browse around and cellular connection is slow, so WiFi helps, but some are fast and some ain’t. Most of them have the same name. For example, cable WiFi.

Can’t you just connect to the WiFi when you need it and know it is fast and still keep auto connect off, if you turn WiFi off you would still have to turn it on to connect. Know control panel is fast but 3D Touch settings, WiFi and select the WiFi and you’re done and you don’t have to turn off WiFi again

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
Make sure you're on a 5GHz WiFi. Then do the speedcheck again.
I think it's something that has to do with the different networks being detected on the back end. Once the new Wifi 6 mesh networks hit I'll make the jump and scrap the apple time capsule.

Start to push for more products that are non-apple because these drivers are just not getting it where it needs to be and because Apple is too prideful we have ended up with these trashy intel modems in our devices. Incredibly underwhelmed to say the least.

And since Intel is exiting the modem business long term what incentive is there for them to put forth the effort of development when they know their jobs are ultimately going to end.

Hopefully the CDMA versions of the iPhone 11 will have Qualcomm this year, but not likely.

Reactions: mofoliar

The Oak

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2013
I think it's something that has to do with the different networks being detected on the back end. Once the new Wifi 6 mesh networks hit I'll make the jump and scrap the apple time capsule.

Start to push for more products that are non-apple because these drivers are just not getting it where it needs to be and because Apple is too prideful we have ended up with these trashy intel modems in our devices. Incredibly underwhelmed to say the least.

And since Intel is exiting the modem business long term what incentive is there for them to put forth the effort of development when they know their jobs are ultimately going to end.

Hopefully the CDMA versions of the iPhone 11 will have Qualcomm this year, but not likely.

WiFi is Broadcom ... WiFi is Broadcom ... Wifi is Broadcom.

Nothing to do with Intel ...

Reactions: TimFL1 and Jimpilot

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
After 12.3 beta 2, I restored my iPhone 8 to 12.2 release version. I was not particularly happy with battery life, often I would find myself plugging in between 60 and 70% after 3-4 hours of sporadic usage. Now, after coming back to public beta 4, it has been two days and whenever I plug in (same 3-4 hours since it is a routine of sorts) I find that the device is closer to 80% than 60% until beta 2 and 12.2 release.

I like this beta 4.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
75B06FB3-F5E4-4676-8FA6-676B192BD519.png

05E4B777-36BD-421B-B322-FF7CE7224819.png
3BB11CA1-7843-48C0-A81B-B8BAAAE07C76.png

3 more channels in addition to HBO in TV app

Last edited:

its93rc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Texas
This update KILLED my iPhone Xs Max Cellular connection. Any idea of how to downgrade? I already backed-up the most crucial stuff I could off my iPhone. Thanks

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
This update KILLED my iPhone Xs Max Cellular connection. Any idea of how to downgrade? I already backed-up the most crucial stuff I could off my iPhone. Thanks

You can only downgrade using IPSW using iTunes to hit Shift(PC) or Option(Mac) key while tap “Check for Updates” to previous beta. Or put your device into recovery mode and update it to get back on the official build 12.2.

its93rc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Texas
You can only downgrade using IPSW using iTunes to hit Shift(PC) or Option(Mac) key while tap “Check for Updates” to previous beta. Or put your device into recovery mode and update it to get back on the official build 12.2.

Thank you for replying! I downloaded the ipsw from the web, but when I try restoring my iPhone, it gets stuck on recovery mode and gives me an error '9'.

Gregnyrfan

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2011
WiFi login window delay still an issue on beta 4.
[doublepost=1556747220][/doublepost]
Thank you for replying! I downloaded the ipsw from the web, but when I try restoring my iPhone, it gets stuck on recovery mode and gives me an error '9'.

Hope these help:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201444

https://www.ikream.com/2019/04/poss...e-6-error-9-itunes-restore-update-error-24001

Try using a recovery program like dr.fone…. google them for error 9 and see if they help.

Last edited:
Reactions: roncron

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany

But Intel doesn‘t supply the wifi chip?

And we‘re definitely getting Intel LTE modems this year (they usually need stuff like modems a year in advance, no way they manage to squeeze qualcomm modems in for this years devices).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.