Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

adammusic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
Phone running hotter than usual right off the bat, iphone x.
New face id feature: set up an alternate appearance.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
A message to all of you who seem to desperate for a profile:

Don't install this on your main devices. You will suffer greatly. I'm using it on a test iPad and have already run into glaring issues, though I'm glad to report performance isn't one of them this time.

Too late.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I've just installed this on my 6S. So far so good!

FaceTime history doesn't split video/audio any more so need to be a bit careful that I use the right one in future. I can see the option to add more people, but I'm the only person I know who has iOS12 right now - just waiting for 31 friends to update :)

Stocks app has had a major UI makeover.

News app has had a minor re-arrange.

The spirit level has been moved out of the Compass app and into the new Measuring app, which is cool.

There are little "cloud" icons next to the text of my app icons, for those which have been offloaded. Was that there before?

Skype crashes as documented (doesn't it always? I'm sure Apple put it in the release notes without even bothering to try it!).

WhatsApp works (someone above asked about it. Wow, it loaded really fast!).

Nationwide UK banking app *works*! That's a shocker. That usually dies on first betas.

My 6S feels fast. Faster than before I installed, let alone for just after installing a beta.

About to see what Mojave does to my late 2013 Macbook Pro.

Last edited:

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
I've just installed this on my 6S. So far so good!

FaceTime history doesn't split video/audio any more so need to be a bit careful that I use the right one in future. I can see the option to add more people, but I'm the only person I know who has iOS12 right now - just waiting for 31 friends to update :)

The spirit level has been moved out of the Compass app and into the new Measuring app, which is cool.

There are little "cloud" icons next to the text of my app icons, for those which have been offloaded. Was that there before?

Skype crashes as documented (doesn't it always? I'm sure Apple put it in the release notes without even bothering to try it!).

Nationwide UK banking app *works*! That's a shocker. That usually dies on first betas.

My 6S feels fast. Faster than before I installed, let alone for just after installing a beta.

About to see what Mojave does to my 2late 013 Macbook Pro.
Let me know what happens to your pro

Reactions: adrianlondon

G201

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2016
Grabbed the profile from a google link (as I always do) and installing the beta now on my 6S. I only have the one phone but I like living dangerously. It's worked for all the other betas.

Seems to be working fine. FaceTime history doesn't split video/audio any more so need to be a bit careful that I use the right one in future. I can see the option to add more people, but I'm the only person I know who has iOS12 right now - just waiting for 31 friends to update :)

I also grabbed a Mojave "profile" and am about to risk MacOS 10.14 on my late 2013 Macbook Pro.

According to the release notes, the group FaceTime will be available to the iPhone 7 and later with no iPad support, is that temporary? I have a 6s too and I’m really interested to know if it’s gonna make its way in future betas

jahin17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2016
London
Installed on my iPad 9.7inch and it feels good. Definitely feels much faster. Haven’t encountered any bugs or issues and tbh all I use my iPad for is YouTube and watching movies so I’m hoping none of the bugs affects that.

Reactions: midkay

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
New status bar layout on iPad

EDIT: Better screenshot

7f8bcf837646a00768001d88ca928a73.png

Reactions: jgelin and DotCom2

simps100

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
UK
Can someone post screenshots of how this looks on a non-iPhone X? I'm curious if they brought the iPhone X-like changes to other iPhones in addition to the iPad (which I'm testing on)

Some from an iPhone 7 - actually seems to be pretty smooth for a first beta (so far!)

Automatic updates under software updates seems to be new too.

EB7292E5-A0EB-40F7-9402-D6E98A67A01B.png C1E80C2C-697C-413D-B215-1E5B6852F666.png E36405EA-4834-4EA9-BF58-36019A291B35.png

Attachments

• 7919251E-F8EF-4FF9-96C9-9764CEE2E1EF.png
    7919251E-F8EF-4FF9-96C9-9764CEE2E1EF.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 379

Riley-Freeman

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2010
Toronto (2019 NBA WORLD CHAMPS)
thanks guys. I forgot to ask about outlook mobile and skype for business if anyone sues that. Company recently migrated to office 365 so kinda need those 2. I figure quite a few people probably have outlook installed but less likely for skype for business

jahin17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2016
London
Installed on my iPad 9.7inch and it feels good. Definitely feels much faster. Haven’t encountered any bugs or issues and tbh all I use my iPad for is YouTube and watching movies so I’m hoping none of the bugs

Reactions: midkay

adammusic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
Whats automatic?
[doublepost=1528144729][/doublepost]Running pretty smooth here on iphone X. No bugs so far

Attachments

• 0B6ABEFA-33BA-4EA9-BFD5-07C66F56CAFF.jpeg
    0B6ABEFA-33BA-4EA9-BFD5-07C66F56CAFF.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 354

greenorblue

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2010
Can someone let me know if there's an ability to up the quality of the iMessage audio message feature in settings? Or if the quality is just as bad as it is now..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.