Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
Photos app now shows media types statistics..guess I really use the portrait mode!

Attachments

• IMG_1579.png
    IMG_1579.png
    330.5 KB · Views: 646

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Feels very very liquidy smooth on iPad Pro. Only app I noticed doesn’t work is Microsoft Teams which unfortunately I need for work, so won’t be able to install on my iPhone X for now.

Reactions: midkay

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Can someone post screenshots of how this looks on a non-iPhone X? I'm curious if they brought the iPhone X-like changes to other iPhones in addition to the iPad (which I'm testing on)

Reactions: ConfusedChris

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Running it now. Performance seems surprisingly good for a beta 1, not noticing much difference from 11.4. We will see battery and if I run into any problems.

Reactions: NBKindaGirl

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
So can we technically easily roll back to older versions now without losing data? AFAIK messages was the last thing that required a backup, they now are stored via Messages in iCloud.
Does that mean we can set up our devices as new after a restore (with iCloud Backup being inaccessible due to being tied to iOS 12 beta)? No progress should be lost because all of the features I can think of having CloudKit integration since iOS 11 (ok, voice memos will disappear).
App data should also populate with you downloading an app onto your device, or is it only apps that explicitly implement a form of CloudKit integration? Shouldn't be too painful for most apps because they store their data on their backend anyways (facebook, twitter etc) and some apps I use (like WhatsApp) offer custom iCloud backup solutions.

Could this be a breakthrough? Please correct me if I'm wrong (although I hope I'm not). A brave soul out there willing to try how much a fresh start actually pulls from iCloud?

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
Running it now. Performance seems surprisingly good for a beta 1, not noticing much difference from 11.4. We will see battery and if I run into any problems.
is the animations and speed. bump noticeable on x?

mfender

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2017
Pandora over wifi was broken in IOS 11.4.1 beta 1.

How is it working in IOS 12 beta 1?

Here is the error in IOS 11.4.1 beta1:

Cannot connect to Pandora.
Please check your network connection and try again.

Reactions: MozMan68
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.