Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LordVic

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2011
Oh how Android users wish they were nagged incessantly to upgrade to the latest OS, lol.

Don't need to ever get nagged.

I just went into settings and set to automaticaly download and install if on power between a certain set of hours.

decent feature to avoid the nag.

though, i did just get Pie only this weekend... GG Samsung/Rogers :(:rolleyes:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
More users upgrading so their trusting bugs are fixed more. Doesn't always mean this.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
iOS 12 has been pretty great on my 7+, it was a worthy upgrade from iOS 10. I don’t really understand why Apple chose to kill off 32 bit apps though.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Is it me or is somebody narrowing the age of phones to 4 years, where previously the standard was all devices in frequent or (daily?) use?
[doublepost=1551147415][/doublepost]

We have a couple of 5S units still kicking. I can recommend the upgrade is well worth it. Performance is great.
Seems like the stats are provided for all devices as well.

Reactions: Jakewilk

Justanotherfanboy

Suspended
Jul 3, 2018
Doubtful. That’s one of the reasons I’m looking forward to switching. And in-screen fingerprint. Suck it Apple.. :p

Lol, you’re looking forward to no longer getting updates? Ummm... ok.
There’s probably a litany of reasons why people may decide to switch ecosystems, some more valid than others... however, I say with extreme confidence that you stand alone in that bizarre “reasoning”.

SidricTheViking

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2014
Yes really - many!

I am not talking about new iPad pro's or iPhone XR/XS users etc - but all the iphone 4 to iphone 7 users that got forced to upgrade and found out it was not so great for them - what if they could go back and try it? and then decide? and get all their previously purchased apps back?

Pretty sure that would expand the 5%

iPhone 7 user here who is VERY HAPPY with iOS 12 - also on my iPad Air 2 (And, I don’t think any iPhone older than the 5s can run iOS 11/12). No issues at all on either device.

☘️
[doublepost=1551225746][/doublepost]
Not mine ipad, simply because i don't need the 3gb of usless emojis
And every upgrade while in iosx 11 seemed to slow or deprogress the ipad.
And i do not trust apple anymore.

To put it bluntly, there’s a night & day difference between iOS 11 (early versions - 11.4.1 was quite good) and iOS 12. Running iOS 12 on my iPad Air 2 since it came out (along with every update, of course). No bugginess. No lag or glitches. As good as the iPad has ever been. Go on, give it a whirl. You won’t regret it!

☘️

BP9906

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2009
That’s because devices made in the last 4 years support iOS 12. Hopefully Apple keeps increasing their phone life span. $1k for a phone is crazy.

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
Is it me or is somebody narrowing the age of phones to 4 years, where previously the standard was all devices in frequent or (daily?) use?
The breakdown hasn’t always included the data on only recent devices, that’s relatively new iirc. But they still publish the all-devices stat; Apple’s just making additional data (a subset) available. Rather than frequent/daily use, it’s just a snapshot based on devices that connect to the App Store on a certain day, presumably over a 24-hour period.

We have a couple of 5S units still kicking. I can recommend the upgrade is well worth it. Performance is great.
Good to hear; pretty amazing for an A7/1GB device—and in its sixth year of operation. Same comment on performance on my iPad mini 4 (A8/2GB) and 6s (A9/2GB). Definitely faster than iOS 11, I’d also recommend upgrading. But I can understand why some might be hesitant, having been burned in the past by upgrading; going from the frying pan into the fire, so to speak. :eek:

Last edited:

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Lol, you’re looking forward to no longer getting updates? Ummm... ok.
There’s probably a litany of reasons why people may decide to switch ecosystems, some more valid than others... however, I say with extreme confidence that you stand alone in that bizarre “reasoning”.
Well some people think that updates show down their phones and won’t do them.

Justin Cymbal

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2008
Boston, Massachusetts
Apple has updated this webpage to report that 87% of all devices introduced in the last four years are currently using iOS 12 and 85% of all devices overall are using iOS 12 as of May 30.

I believe this page was just updated today probably in conjunction with the WWDC keynote.

Attachments

• 5:30.png
    5:30.png
    109.5 KB · Views: 60
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.