Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Music handoff, never thought of that, would be nice!

I was disappointed to find out my HomePod can't handle "continue where I left of on my iPhone" after leaving the car and coming home. :-(

Superhappytree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Cumbria
Just make the damn thing stable with no stutter or lag whilst running at a solid 60fps ala iOS 6. That’s all I want. Maybe make your UI less hideous and more consistent and not have thick bold fonts taking huge portions of the screen up while you’re at it.

Reactions: ediks

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I don’t really have much.
-Apple Music handoff. So my music can continue on my iPad or Apple TV or HomePod.
- improved Siri
- In the battery widget I’d like to see the battery on my other Apple devices. For example I can see my MacBook battery percent on my iPhone or iPad. Or on the iPad I can see my Apple Watch and iPhone battery percentage.
-Weather and calculator apps for iPad
-dark mode

Totally agree with all of those.

Reactions: IGI2

ediks

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2015
Just make the damn thing stable with no stutter or lag whilst running at a solid 60fps ala iOS 6. That’s all I want. Maybe make your UI less hideous and more consistent and not have thick bold fonts taking huge portions of the screen up while you’re at it.
yeah, exactly

Mudodonbond

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2015
USA
Actually. Just remembered iOS 7 beta had the panoramic wallpaper. And it was the best thing ever. You could set a panoramic photo as your wallpaper and when you moved the wallpaper would move left and right. I actually wish they’d bring that back.

Reactions: BlankStar

IGI2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
- Dark Mode iPhone X
- AirPlay 2.0: way more setup stuff: use the Apple TV for center channel and two HomePods as stereo to create 2.1 and stuff. Loaaaaaaaaaaaads of room for improvement there.
- HomeKit 2.0: HomePod & Apple TV integration in scenes.
- Expanded DND-functionality: different settings for weekdays & weekends, more auto-reply functions, settings depending on location, ...
- Siri 2.0: it's time they take her to the next level!
- Better communication between all the devices when it comes to Hey Siri, notifications, ...
HomeKit 2.0, Siri 2.0, and general better communication - THAT I WOULD LIKE!

Reactions: BlankStar

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Hope the rumors of additional DND settings are true. I'd like to schedule it during multiple periods during the week instead of just at night.

heiskanenej

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2017
Select default app: for example Spotify (only music app i use, but Siri doesn’t understand that)
Option to lock apps with password/fingerprint.
Remove app names on home screen.
Camera: raw image format.
Dark mode.

Reactions: IowaLynn

lrsone

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2012
New York, NY
Seriously just want a smarter Siri and dark mode. And for phone calls to be in a notification format that allows me to still use my phone still. Oh and just overall better performance optimization for iOS.

martin2345uk

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Essex
Actually. Just remembered iOS 7 beta had the panoramic wallpaper. And it was the best thing ever. You could set a panoramic photo as your wallpaper and when you moved the wallpaper would move left and right. I actually wish they’d bring that back.

Yeah I remember being confused when I finally got iOS 7 and couldn’t find that feature!

Reactions: Mudodonbond

keatth

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2013
System Wide Darkmode

Favorite an iMessage, add folder into the info button of chat; Images, Attachments, Favorites.

Facetime 2: AR Facetime with live stickers and effects.

Search bar removed from Widget screen.

New Live Wallpapers.

New animation in Mail app when pulling down to refresh.

All New Magazines App with all access subscription.

Add new setting option for a Phone app to only display a notification banner when someone calls instead of it taking over your whole phone, swipe up to mute or send to voicemail - guesture customizable in settings.

3D Touch alarm in control center and create alarm within control center instead of going to the clock app alarm section.

Clipboard 1 and 2: copy something, then copy something else and choose 2, instead of overriding the last copy it just adds and stores a second copy, go to paste and choose 1 or 2.

New iMessage Effects.

App name under the apps Removed for a cleaner look, so iOS will only show the app logo with no name written under it in text; 3D Touch to see app name.

Reactions: IowaLynn

Arzach

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2017
yeah, the apple music/remote/itunes thing is a big shame. spotify does the handoff using only one interface and its well synchronized between different systems.. it’s really frustrating and embarrassing to see something like that happening to the ~all powerfull ios11/apple.

I think that the full dark mode is almost there, the actual one is pretty good but of course needs some fixes and compatibility from other apps/sites like procreate/twitter..

and please, release the new os ONLY WHEN ITS READY and free of the bug infestation that came in the 11..

Alan-in-CO

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
Colorado
How about an OS that doesn't look like 2007? Maybe allowing placements of icons however you want and at least a little customization?! Jezzzz, Apple, it's 2018!!

VictorTango777

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2017
Automatic sorting options for Reminders app such as title, due date, or priority. Reminders has been available since iOS 5 (2011) and there are still no sorting options. It looks like Apple engineers did not bother to test the application with more than one item in a list.

When the side switch on the iPhone is moved to silent mode, I would like to see a "silent" icon displayed in the status bar. This would be helpful for those who find that the switch keeps getting moved unintentionally.

newneo

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2018
Wow i see quite lot of the same thing here and I agree on most but as someone who has come back to iOS from Android there are a few things that apple could nick from that os to make iOS even better.

For the iPhone X which is what I have I can't understand why Apple aren't fully taking advantage of that glorious OLED display and adding an always on display. I can't for the life of me see any reason why the whole devive should light up on a notification just light up the pixels that are needed an envelope icon for a mail a speech bubble for a message and so on, Apple could make this look gorgeous.

Sort out notifications on iOS it's a mess and it seems to me to be a simple fix, group notifications instead of having endless pages of individual notifications.

Allow the ability to lay out icons however we like.

Don't kill whatever app you're using when a phone call comes in make it discrete.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Ability to organise pictures on the phone and I mean ALL pictures. Including ones synced from iTunes.

Ability to remove app names. The home screen is just cluttered for no reason. I know what the apps are. I downloaded them. I don’t need telling daily.

WiFi and Bluetooth goggles that actually toggle WiFi and Bluetooth. Not everyone uses Bluetooth. I don’t have a car or a wearable device. I don’t need Bluetooth and I can’t remember the last time I did. If I toggle it off. I want it to switch off.

More control customisation. Let me decide what I want in control centre.

Folder in folder. Why is this not an option? I have 6 folders which could all be placed in to one folder and keep things tidy but no. As I said earlier. Home screen is needlessly cluttered because were not allowed any control over how it looks past wallpaper.

Get rid of the green message bubbles. I know it’s to differentiate between iMessage and SMS but it’s an atrocious shade of green. Pick literally any other colour. If they’re not prepared to let the used pick.

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
Biggest thing I want is a bigger focus on the digital wallet and Apple Pay. I want them to work with states to replace state ID and even bigger I want them to work with transit agencies. No reason I can’t use my phone to tap to use my transit pass in sf bay.

I want them to fix their Bluetooth issue that has been around since like 10.2 where it drops out a lot more frequently.

Reactions: boston04and07
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.