Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
My Apple smart keyboard for my 10.5 inch iPad Pro is really giving me trouble since the update to iPadOS 13.1. It seems to work fine for a couple minutes and then randomly completely stops working. I then have to disconnect the keyboard from the iPad and then reconnect it.

I also didn’t follow the betas that closely, but can someone confirm that the ONLY way to initiate splitview multitasking on iPadOS is for the to-be-added app to be in the dock now? This seems crazy to me.

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
My Apple smart keyboard for my 10.5 inch iPad Pro is really giving me trouble since the update to iPadOS 13.1. It seems to work fine for a couple minutes and then randomly completely stops working. I then have to disconnect the keyboard from the iPad and then reconnect it.

I also didn’t follow the betas that closely, but can someone confirm that the ONLY way to initiate splitview multitasking on iPadOS is for the to-be-added app to be in the dock now? This seems crazy to me.
confirmed. yes it’s crazy

mrpool

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2017
Hello.

In 3 iphones at home (7, 8 plus and X) after the update to ios13 or 13.1, the mail preview in lock screen after push the notification, shows loading.

Any one else with these problem?

Thank you!

riteshritesh

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2016
Mumbai INDIA
Does anyone notice that mail notifications( mail.app badge) are almost instantaneous even for IMAP email accounts. Fetch is scheduled at 15 minutes, but notifications seem to arriving immediately,something like what Outlook mail app does. Notification first, then when you open mail.app, mail downloads.

Splebhead

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2019
I am getting that after a while they keyboard disappears and u have to restart ur iPad each time. Anyone else have this ?

zkap

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2019
Noticed that I cannot quick-reply from Lock Screen to Viber/Whatsapp messages, e-mail etc. I have the reply to message option turned on in the FaceID & Password settings page and FaceID isn't turned on for unlocking the phone. When the keyboard pops up on Apple TV, I have it set so that the phone also gets a notification and allows me to input text on the phone rather than the remote. When this happens, I can long-press on that notification and it allows me to input text on the Lock Screen.

But when I get a notification that I have a message, lets say Whatsapp, I long-press on it and nothing happens. I can swipe the message left or right to view my options (open, clear etc), but I cannot long press to get that text input field under the message.

Anyone know if this is intended behaviour or a bug? If it's the latter, any fixes? Is there anything I can change in the Settings?

Thanks

jessebkr87

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2016
Woke up this morning with the “your passcode is required after iPhone restarts” message. Very curious as to why it rebooted on its own. Anyone else have this happen?

Reactions: gank41

jessebkr87

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2016
Did they get rid of the ability to see AirPods information in Settings>General>AirPods when they are connected to your phone?

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
I know it’s the same build like beta 4 but it does work a bit better for me. I’m not using the Mail app bc it’s broken and the keyboard is **** as hell. But the rest is fine.

There was a way to open the feedback app without seeing it on the home screen. Does someone remember how?

zkap

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2019
Did they get rid of the ability to see AirPods information in Settings>General>AirPods when they are connected to your phone?

I can see the AirPods in Settings - General - About - AirPods which are listed under EID.

My phone hasn't rebooted, at least not that I know of.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Was prompted to restart due to a Time Zone setting. Got the prompt on my iPhone and Apple Watch.

I’m also missing more than half of my 26,000 some photos that are still on photos on my Mac and iPad (on iPadOS 13.1). I might try restoring today.

Attachments

• 18851696-02CB-4D74-BE0E-AD83F2B0329A.png
    18851696-02CB-4D74-BE0E-AD83F2B0329A.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 121

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
I am having the same issue as well.
Does anyone notice that mail notifications( mail.app badge) are almost instantaneous even for IMAP email accounts. Fetch is scheduled at 15 minutes, but notifications seem to arriving immediately,something like what Outlook mail app does. Notification first, then when you open mail.app, mail downloads.
I think that is not to our disadvantage if iOS is simulating Push (by giving instantaneous notifications) even with Fetch mail accounts.

riteshritesh

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2016
Mumbai INDIA
I think that is not to our disadvantage if iOS is simulating Push (by giving instantaneous notifications) even with Fetch mail accounts.
Surely not. I posted it noticing it as an improvement, but my excitement seems premature. The badge number changes aren't happening in real time, especially if you mark it as read on your desktop. It takes a while to adjust the badge numbers on mail.app. But surely a right step and improvement from iOs12 behaviour.

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
I have 1 photo that’s has been uploading since late last week. (Been on iOS 13.1 beta) and now on iOS 13.1 released version. Still uploading. I hard reset the phone still trying to upload one photo. Upgraded to a new phone and uploaded all 6,500+ pictures to iCloud and still stuck uploading one picture.

I don’t really want to logout of iCloud and log back in. Any one else have this issue?

Reactions: gank41

bulldogs_16

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2018
I am getting that after a while they keyboard disappears and u have to restart ur iPad each time. Anyone else have this ?

Having the same keyboard disappears problem to. restart fix the problem it has happen twice so far with my iPad 6th gen

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
Surely not. I posted it noticing it as an improvement, but my excitement seems premature. The badge number changes aren't happening in real time, especially if you mark it as read on your desktop. It takes a while to adjust the badge numbers on mail.app. But surely a right step and improvement from iOs12 behaviour.
I tested it and have found that the instantaneous display of mails happens only in few cases and not always. So this does not seem to be by design. Even otherwise how can the Mail app simulate Push without actually having Push??

Reactions: thewhitehart

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Was prompted to restart due to a Time Zone setting. Got the prompt on my iPhone and Apple Watch.

I’m also missing more than half of my 26,000 some photos that are still on photos on my Mac and iPad (on iPadOS 13.1). I might try restoring today.

Whelp, looks like everything is back now.. What prompted this was that, after updating from 13.1 b4 to the official 13.1 release, I went to my Photos app initially and there were zero photos and they all started to download again, like it was rebuilding the database.. But only when that's happened before, the photos weren't cleared out and then re-downloaded. Usually there's just a lot of "churn" until everything is reconciled. Going to all Photos (in the new spot) did show "Updating" with a large number of photos, but still only about half of my 26,000 photos.. This morning that looked to have completed but I was still missing about half. My Folders weren't listing the correct amount of photos, either. But then upon going into each folder, most of them were just black with the cloud icon, and scrolling thru each folder forced them to re-download again (I have it set to keep a copy locally, not store in the cloud). Soooo, yeah! Got my photos back.

asfalloth

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2013
London
Waited days now and still my Activity monthly awards are still missing, and the ones that are present for example "Move goal 200%" should be thousands but is showing 36!
This makes me very sad, I have only one award for a monthly and its September 2017 for some reason

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.