Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
I had to set my new 11 Pro up as new also. For some reason I could not get wifi calling on other devices to stay turned on. Setting up as new solved the problem. I wonder if there are not some bugs in iCloud backup on iOS 13/.1

kobby2k6

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2018
Northern Virginia
I just installed 13.1 about 3 hrs ago. Standby time improved for me, photo app crash when changing wallpaper within app or when scrolling fast fixed. The 3D touching a contact in the message crash has been fixed as well. The phone is a bit smoother but not as smooth as 12.4.1 (definitely better than 13.0). The playlist album art bug is still there. So far, i like this update better than 13.0, only time will tell. I hope apple brings back the feature to save trimmed videos as a separate video.

What is the best way to leave feedback, report bugs or suggestions for apple ( I am aware beta testers use feedback app)?

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
Good NEWS... My new 11 Pro Max shipped with iOS 13 and I installed iOS 13.1 and it was major lag and stuttering, but I downloaded the IPWS and done a clean restore and set up as new, and now its massively better, its blazing fast, the issue is when you do OTA update it always seems to cause issues so I would use ipws on every iOS update its just the better way to do it

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
Wonder when we’re getting the next beta release? ?

We also need a UI bug fix release - so many UI bugs from 11,12 and 13, it’s needed.

iOSBry

vivek28

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2013
I'm running into a major problem after updating from 12.4.1 to 13.1 on my iPhone 7 Plus. The network just dies randomly whether I'm on WiFi or LTE. I can't even go into WiFi settings when this happens. I have to reboot the devices.

I tried Resetting Network Settings, but the progress bar hangs a little over midway and just sits there forever. I tried backing up, doing a restore and then doing a restore from backup, but after that I tried Resetting Network Settings and the same problem happened.

Either Resetting Network Settings doesn't work in iOS 13.1 or it doesn't like the data on my iPhone. I'm not sure what else to try other than going back to 12.4.1.
I have also experienced network WiFi issues in ios 13 and 13.1. The network just dies for no reason with wifi even connected. All other devices in my network doesnt have this issue.

However, reconnecting again fixes it. Network reset settings also fixes it.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Is the Now Playing panel no longer extending to the top of the screen? IPP 9.7

Attachments

• F8F57DF7-8787-40ED-88D2-52DEE617673C.jpeg
    F8F57DF7-8787-40ED-88D2-52DEE617673C.jpeg
    585.8 KB · Views: 153

kobby2k6

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2018
Northern Virginia
I forgot to mention this earlier, I still have the phone getting warm doing basic non cpu intensive tasks issue that was introduced with iOS 13.0. iOS 13.1 didn’t fix the issue, my only other issue I have so far.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I dont understand apple had 3 months to get iOS 13 right, now its still not ready and on a brand new fast phone its more laggy than the xs max, my 11 pro max is horrible, its not right apple cant get there software working for new devices, this happened same last year
Hmm yet you spent all that doh again this year? For a marginally better device. Apple loves you tho. :)
Probably answered above, but just to make sure: to get rid of the bloated “Other” under storage, we just have to restore from iTunes? Now that 13.1 is publicly released we can officially backup, but what I don’t understand is how restoring then reinstalling gets rid of the bloat.

Any help is appreciated!
Actually you just need to sync not restore. The 'other/bloat' you are referring to is system logs and such. A sync removes it from phone.

I just installed 13.1 about 3 hrs ago. Standby time improved for me, photo app crash when changing wallpaper within app or when scrolling fast fixed. The 3D touching a contact in the message crash has been fixed as well. The phone is a bit smoother but not as smooth as 12.4.1 (definitely better than 13.0). The playlist album art bug is still there. So far, i like this update better than 13.0, only time will tell. I hope apple brings back the feature to save trimmed videos as a separate video.

What is the best way to leave feedback, report bugs or suggestions for apple ( I am aware beta testers use feedback app)?
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html or https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/ or https://www.apple.com/feedback/
Good NEWS... My new 11 Pro Max shipped with iOS 13 and I installed iOS 13.1 and it was major lag and stuttering, but I downloaded the IPWS and done a clean restore and set up as new, and now its massively better, its blazing fast, the issue is when you do OTA update it always seems to cause issues so I would use ipws on every iOS update its just the better way to do it
Glad you got it sorted. However I always OTA but using this system: I close all apps, then reboot device, then update. Seems to work better that way too. Never an issue doing it that way.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
I forgot to mention this earlier, I still have the phone getting warm doing basic non cpu intensive tasks issue that was introduced with iOS 13.0. iOS 13.1 didn’t fix the issue, my only other issue I have so far.
Dang I hope they fix this eventually. What a shame. That’s the first thing I noticed when I updated my 7 and ultimately made me go back to 12.4.1 for the time being. It just got hot doing simple stuff where it never did this before and isn’t doing currently on 12.4.1. I have and app called system status pro and it will show you the cpu usage and I periodically check it through the day just to make sure my cpu is properly idling down and on 12.4.1 it always drops down to like 5%. On 13 when I would open some basic apps and quick switch over to the system status app I could see the giant spikes in cpu usage. It would kick up to 90% really quick and then idle back down eventually but the spikes were way higher compared to what it does on 12.4.1. When I open apps on 12.4.1 it will only go up to like 55-75% depending on the app then idle back down fast. On 13 it was maxing our every time switching open new apps and hanging there for longer before idling down. I could literally put my thumb on the spot where the processor is and feel it heating up to hot with each new app I was opening. They’ve got some real bugs to work out!!! For now I’m sticking with 12.4.1 and keeping cool till I see reports of this heating up stuff going away! Sad it’s happening on the newest phones too!

Twintrbo

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2016
I was having issues gettihg notifications but after deleting and reinstalling those apps notifications are working again.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
Well I gave up and did a restore and set my 7 Plus up as new. I then spent countless hours configuring things, downloading, installing and setting up apps (many of which needed to verify my identity). I’m still not even finished.

There should have been an easier way to clean out the bad data without having to wipe everything.

Also for some reason sometimes things just hung for long periods of time when an app tries to register with TouchID. Apple may have made FaceID faster, but TouchID is much slower.

I just hope the issue that prevented the phone from resetting network settings was also what was causing the network connectivity to die periodically.

On a side note, why does resetting network settings, rename the phone? That has a side effect of breaking handover on the device that was reset requiring signing out of iCloud and back in to fix it. That’s always a fun experience. I tried simply turning Wifi and Bluetooth off and rebooting, but that wasn’t good enough.

Also I was impressed with how fast iPadOS 13.1 was on my iPad Air 2 yesterday, but it got sluggish this past evening.

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
UK
For myself and my wife (iPhone 6S and iPhone SE) with optimized charging enabled the phone is warm and the battery drains (100-0 in 4 hours, sometimes less). Optimized charging off, battery life ok and the phone is cool. Anyone else having this? Thanks.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Yes. But after i did a backup, restored with itunes and installed the backup, now it is back to normal.

The iTunes restore removed the logging and other analytical data from the betas. Good thing to do if you run the betas.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013

Now, Dan, create a reminder for that, because I think you’ve had this issue before!

kobby2k6

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2018
Northern Virginia
Dang I hope they fix this eventually. What a shame. That’s the first thing I noticed when I updated my 7 and ultimately made me go back to 12.4.1 for the time being. It just got hot doing simple stuff where it never did this before and isn’t doing currently on 12.4.1. I have and app called system status pro and it will show you the cpu usage and I periodically check it through the day just to make sure my cpu is properly idling down and on 12.4.1 it always drops down to like 5%. On 13 when I would open some basic apps and quick switch over to the system status app I could see the giant spikes in cpu usage. It would kick up to 90% really quick and then idle back down eventually but the spikes were way higher compared to what it does on 12.4.1. When I open apps on 12.4.1 it will only go up to like 55-75% depending on the app then idle back down fast. On 13 it was maxing our every time switching open new apps and hanging there for longer before idling down. I could literally put my thumb on the spot where the processor is and feel it heating up to hot with each new app I was opening. They’ve got some real bugs to work out!!! For now I’m sticking with 12.4.1 and keeping cool till I see reports of this heating up stuff going away! Sad it’s happening on the newest phones too!

thanks for the info and I wasn’t aware of the CPU spikes. I hope it gets fixed soon since I love dark mode and the speed improvements on iOS 13 and can’t go beck to 12.4.1. Reading these comments from other users, I seem lucky since other users have major issues that I am glad not be affected by. Is this the buggiest IOS release yet? I can’t believe IOS 13 is in this state.

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
What is a basic non cpu intensive task for you?

PlainviewX

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2013
This is for sure frustrating. Especially when you pull down and it takes 5 seconds for the new email to appear.

It might be a new issue for some people in iOS 13/13.1, but not for me, I've experienced it in previous versions of iOS, too.
It's ridiculous this isn't fixed.

Barrett85

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2015
I did a restore through iTunes and my mail app is now working, however now photos aren’t showing up in iMessages in the info section. Has anyone found a fix to this?

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I did a restore through iTunes and my mail app is now working, however now photos aren’t showing up in iMessages in the info section. Has anyone found a fix to this?
Considering the long thread about people's iCloud photos refusing to download to their phones, and the fact I've read a couple of other posts about people losing iMessage photos, it would seem that iCloud just isn't up to the job. I just hope it's an overloading issue and it'll get sorted, but as Apple rarely has the courtesy to mention these types of issues, one never knows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.