Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

armokid77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2018
Hello everyone, sorry if this is a stupid thread or already has been discussed, but has anyone else been having issues with the stock keyboard on 13.3? I occasionally have to press the backspace button 3-4 times before anything happens. Or sometimes it will just miss keystrokes in general. I just got an iPhone 11 about 3 weeks ago & do not believe it's a problem with the touch screen as this is the only time I experience these issues. Or my fingers just still aren't used to the keyboard size change (I had an iPhone 7 previously). Any advice/comments would be helpful, thank you:).

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
I have this problem since iOS 12. Reported it a dozen times through the feedback app but Apple kept ignoring it. ?‍♂️

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68030
Apr 8, 2014
I have found the keyboard in iOS 13 to be an utter mess. I'm not normally one to whine on about stuff that doesn't quite work as I think it should, but iOS 13 is calamitous in this regard. There are so many issues with it that I don't even know where to start. It's a comedy at this stage, and doesn't seem to be getting any better with the point releases.

jpadhiyar

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
Ahmedabad, India
You can disable the default keyboard on your iPhone for a while and use any third-party keyboard apps on your device. After using the third-party app for a couple of days, you can switch back to the stock keyboard app. And then check if it is running smooth. A simple restart can also be a quick fix.

armokid77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2018
Okay thank you everyone for the replies glad it’s not just me I thought I was going insane or there was something wrong with my 11. It’s very bizarre, it either acts like I’m occasionally not pressing certain keys or it autocorrects to a completely wrong word.

armokid77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2018
It’s still not fixed since iOS 12.4 for me. Great. Not. ?

I was literally about to exchange my 11 for another one but now that so many people are telling me their phones do it too I’m not even going to bother. What a mess.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Predictive text is an issue I've been having with the keyboard since iOS 13 was released. When you choose a word from the list, it will only insert a portion of the word and force you to type the rest of it out. I'm on 13.3.1 and have done fresh installs of the OS and setup as new without using a backup so it's definitely a software issue on Apple's end. I've also submitted several bug reports hoping one of the future updates would include a fix

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
My favorite is how Messages still has that annoying bug all the time where the keyboard covers the last message so you can’t read it without backing out to the list of contacts and then going back in (or force closing the app if you’re really angry).

Kind of amazing we still have keyboard issues with these phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.