Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
If you wanna pirate it sure lmao.

That never was an official method. If you don’t have a paid developer account you never could install the dev betas officially, only by pirating them. What Apple is doing this year is trying to make it harder for people who pirate the software.

I am not going to pirate it. I just want to know. Have they stopped that method which people used to use for years now? Is it now impossible to get the Dev betas through the google way?

dbrose

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2011
Thank you. Personally, I get p*ssed off that I spend the $99 and others just want it for free.

Not sure why you would waste your time getting pissed of with this. I’m not a developer and yes I install a dev profile. So what. Doesn’t affect you. If you are a dev and create apps and upload to the App Store then you are getting your $99 worth. I don’t get that privilege - you haven’t missed out.

In a few weeks the public beta will be out - maybe a day later than the dev. Does that piss you off?

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Apple knew people were using the unauthorised way to get the Dev betas. That’s why that sly little Note was added. If they wanted to stop it they would have. Seems they were okay with it as these users only use it for downloading beta software not distribute apps and as far as Apple is concerned the more feedback they get the better

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Not sure why you would waste your time getting pissed of with this. I’m not a developer and yes I install a dev profile. So what. Doesn’t affect you. If you are a dev and create apps and upload to the App Store then you are getting your $99 worth. I don’t get that privilege - you haven’t missed out.

In a few weeks the public beta will be out - maybe a day later than the dev. Does that piss you off?

Exactly. There is nothing wrong with this. The builds pushed to Dev beta are pushed to public beta anyway. THey just get it in advance. Apple is okay with it as no harm is caused to Apple or anyone. It’s my phone. If I want to trial alpha software I will do it.

adepew

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2016

I know everyone is excited for the new features and all, but this is a DEVELOPER beta. It is meant for devs to test their code and ensure compatibility and build new features when the new version releases in the fall. Why does everyone feel they are entitled to run this?

iToph

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
First try updating actually bricked my Xs Max. Just gave me an error (this software can't be installed on your device due to an unknown error) Now I startet to restore it with iOS 13 and it seems to work.

Fry-man22

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2007
I agree that this thread should be locked/deleted and reposted. No one is going to go through 11 pages for like 1 reported install.

Reactions: thegurio

djkasmic

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2014
Any one on iOS 12 installed watchOS 6?

On my iPhone with iOS 12 and the watchOS 6 Beta Profile installed on the Watch, it is possible to download an install the new watchOS beta.

But I don’t know if it will work, so canceled the download.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.