Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
Yep, the Xcode requirement wasn't there at the start!
Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 22.57.34.png

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
I can tell ya, the tvOS beta is pretty shaky. Love the new control center.

If you plan on updating you will have to update your Mac first however.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Please read again.

I did.

"Looks basically like a mockup I did a year ago, just in a different position and without the blurred border:"

I could not find information regarding if you installed it as Update or did you Restore, and if you needed Xcode for it. I am sorry if I missed some previous post of yours. :)

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
I was gonna install the new watchOS 6. But I think imma cancel the install. 6 hours to download...idk. iOS 13 got me wanting to go back. It froze again.

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
Xcode has always been required for iTunes installs. Not for profile installs.

No it has not, ever! Why do people keep saying this? I've been running betas since 2010.

Again for those who are still making this Xcode claim. The requirements started as UDID registered. Then it went to requiring the beta profile. iOS 13 is the first release where you MUST have Xcode to install.

Reactions: cwwilson

19SK91

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2014
I did.

"Looks basically like a mockup I did a year ago, just in a different position and without the blurred border:"

I could not find information regarding if you installed it as Update or did you Restore, and if you needed Xcode for it. I am sorry if I missed some previous post of yours. :)

You didn't miss a previous post. I just quoted the post with the actual screenshot and replied with my mockup. But to answer your question, I'm not on the iOS 13 beta yet and I'm pretty sure you have to install Xcode 11 before as some here pointed out. Benjamin Mayo tweeted the same:

https://twitter.com/bzamayo/status/1135639520676843525

Reactions: macintoshmac

Donga120

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
UK
No it has not, ever! Why do people keep saying this? I've been running betas since 2010.

Again for those who are still making this Xcode claim. The requirements started as UDID registered. Then it went to requiring the beta profile. iOS 13 is the first release where you MUST have Xcode to install.

https://developer.apple.com/support/beta-software/install-beta/

"Installing iOS 12 via iTunes requires Xcode 10 beta already installed. iOS 12 beta supports iPhone 5s or later, iPod touch (6th generation), iPad mini 2, and iPad Air or later."

Now shut up.

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014

I had this exact same problem the first year they introduced beta profiles. I downloaded the install without realising we had profiles, and was pissed when I realised I needed to DL Xcode too. It's not new. Lol. I take back *always* required, but it's been some years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.