Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
I'd hate to cast doubt on the notifications bug being fixed, but the issue is still listed as "Open" within the Feedback app.
“Open” status on feedback is not correlated with sure resolution. So even if it is listed as open, it might get resolved.

Reactions: Sharkoneau

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Not surprised. I was told by Apple yesterday that they don't know the root cause of the issue yet.
Bizarre that something that has worked flawlessly for a while suddenly breaks. I wonder what Apple changed in iOS 14 that is causing this to be problematic.

NoGood@Usernames

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2020
United States
Is the lack of Wi-fi calling issue common on beta 3? Are there many folk with no issue of this. May skip this RC as it’s my main device and Wi-fi calling is essential to me. Installing RC for iPad now.
From my understanding (unless I missed some posts, which is possible; someone correct me if I’m wrong), the issue with WiFi calling not being available was occurring for dual-SIM users, where WiFi calling was available and working on their eSIM line, but would not work on their physical SIM line.

In my case, I am using only the physical SIM (no dual SIM or eSIM setup) and have not had any issues with WiFi calling on 14.2 or 14.3 Beta 2 or 3, or the RC that was just released. I would notice any WiFi calling issues right away as my wife and I rely on WiFi calling at home for cellular connectivity. As always though, YMMV.

Reactions: uandme72

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
From my understanding (unless I missed some posts, which is possible; someone correct me if I’m wrong), the issue with WiFi calling not being available was occurring for dual-SIM users, where WiFi calling was available and working on their eSIM line, but would not work on their physical SIM line.

In my case, I am using only the physical SIM (no dual SIM or eSIM setup) and have not had any issues with WiFi calling on 14.2 or 14.3 Beta 2 or 3, or the RC that was just released. I would notice any WiFi calling issues right away as my wife and I rely on WiFi calling at home for cellular connectivity. As always though, YMMV.
100% correct.people with dual sim setup may please confirm.

Boomer5100

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2016
Bizarre that something that has worked flawlessly for a while suddenly breaks. I wonder what Apple changed in iOS 14 that is causing this to be problematic.
The message notification bug is absolutely not fixed. Just had someone text me via SMS and no notification came on phone or watch. Also just checked iMessage and came to phone but not to watch. Guess we'll be waiting for yet another patch somewhere down the road.

Reactions: Dwalls90

Jamesk811

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2015
Is anyone aware if support for PS5 dual sense remote actually works on this build? Hasn’t been working in last few builds. Thanks

Maloney~888

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2018
I did install RC 14.3 on my iPhone and Wi-fi calling is good. Don't use the dual sim function, BT is my call provider using the nano sim. iMessage notifications appear to be working OK too :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.