Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
Is the lack of Wi-fi calling issue common on beta 3? Are there many folk with no issue of this. May skip this RC as it’s my main device and Wi-fi calling is essential to me. Installing RC for iPad now.
I never had WiFi calling issues at all! Always had and have in this RC release. You might need to go phone reset or you might need to call your carrier and have them update your PRL settings.

wifi issues always works and was never broken, it’s your phone issues not iOS issues or some carrier BS.

I install beta on everything from T-Mobile to Verizon and art network for testing in USA and never had WiFi issues

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
Everyone pay Attention this RC 14.3 is the final release 1 week ahead of regular public! If you want the final 14.3 download and install today the build number will not change and don’t forget to remove your beta/dev profile after 14.3 RC update otherwise next week you’ll jump to 14.4 and you’ll be pissed you missed 14.3 official build.

Once again! Update today to this build that’s stable and final and remove you profile off your phone! Don’t come crying later, I didn’t warn you and complain here you can’t update to final release next week because you won’t get the final this is final!

• Haha
Reactions: Jada34

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
Every source I’ve seen (including MacRumors) says that iOS 14.3 is being released on Monday, December 14th alongside Fitness+

Why is this being disputed?

that’s for general public what we have today is the final release dev/beta testers. Public beta will be out tomorrow or day after . Beta people will get 14.4 next week when regular general public gets 14.3

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
Same here.
maybe the WiFi issue has been resolved in RC. to check anyone ?

your WiFi issues has to die with your carrier you need to update your PRL settings. Reset your phone or network setting after you update to 14.3 RC if that doesn’t work call your carrier and as them to push out a PRL update network settings to your iPhone

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
Well, Macrumors says that fitness+ is launching in New Zealand on Dec 14. Thus, iOS 14.3 would need to launch before Dec 14 in the US.

No source has confirmed 14.3 is coming Monday, it’s all speculation.
14.3 RC right now is the final build and yes Monday general public will get 14.3... also the new head phones will be out Monday or Tuesday and they can only work with 14.3 it’s a must they push out before they sell their products to consumers other wise it won’t work... people can’t buy fitness plus and head phones and not have software to support it!

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
Unless something changes or gets tweaked somewhere and the public release build is slightly different.
Not going to happen with RC build we are in now! Next release if you don’t remove the profile is going to14.4

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
iOS 14.3 RC is the official release we as beta testers will not get the final public release because this is the final build number

Everyone pay Attention this RC 14.3 is the final release 1 week ahead of regular public! If you want the final 14.3 download and install today the build number will not change and don’t forget to remove your beta/dev profile after 14.3 RC update otherwise next week you’ll jump to 14.4 and you’ll be pissed you missed 14.3 official build.

Once again! Update today to this build that’s stable and final and remove you profile off your phone! Don’t come crying later, I didn’t warn you and complain here you can’t update to final release next week because you won’t get the final this is final!

Not going to happen with RC build we are in now! Next release if you don’t remove the profile is going to14.4
Well not exactly but quite possible. As one recent example below shows: (There are also others where GM and final were not the same build.)

iOS 14.2 RC Build 18B91 10-30-20)
iOS 14.2 final release Build 18B92 (11-5-20)

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013

This is a CANDIDATE build. So it is possible that it will not be the released version.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
your WiFi issues has to die with your carrier you need to update your PRL settings. Reset your phone or network setting after you update to 14.3 RC if that doesn’t work call your carrier and as them to push out a PRL update network settings to your iPhone
I suppose the settings are pushed out by Apple , and not by carrier directly.

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
It just happened with iOS 14.2.
I went from 14.2 RC to the next beta. Roll over. All you getting with public release is a number now at the end stating it’s a public release example RC 1234 build for dev/beta public is 1234B the letter at the end was for public release.

dev roll right over the public to next beta skipping the public release version because RC has all the final touches, I was also confused when they released RC/GM name change.

I asked apple support via feed back and I was told RC is final build number with frozen changes, removing profile will update to public release with letters at the end now.

Either I was told wrong or what who knows, I just know my devices with dev profile rolled right over from RC to next beta.

removing profile today will update to public release remove feed backup and it reinstalls the OS with no further bug fixes or changes

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
All you getting with public release is a number now at the end stating it’s a public release example RC 1234 build for dev/beta public is 1234B the letter at the end was for public release.
As has been pointed out in some other replies it's not what happened with iOS 14.2 (and not really how it works with releases):

iOS 14.2 RC: Build 18B91
iOS 14.2 public release: Build 18B92

Sometimes things change. It doesn't happen often, but it certainly can and has happened.

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
Look at how they do it now two numbers for final release one is RC for us final build no changes and public build no changes. Compared to before

2 build number for final release. One is for dev ch and one is for public CH

14.1 just had one final number

Attachments

• F386D906-C858-4CFC-AF7D-7CA22FD13A2E.png
    F386D906-C858-4CFC-AF7D-7CA22FD13A2E.png
    785.6 KB · Views: 94
  • AB4B7B06-E65B-452D-AB80-BEB5DB87AE75.png
    AB4B7B06-E65B-452D-AB80-BEB5DB87AE75.png
    920.4 KB · Views: 108

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
Look at how they do it now two numbers for final release one is RC for us final build no changes and public build no changes. Compared to before

I guess people on here know better than apple them self, what do I know right? This is what apple told me via feed back

Reactions: roncron

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
Tell me why final 14.2 would have two different build numbers for final release than?

Attachments

• 74C7FE58-2FA1-4955-AA69-DE1163BE5476.png
    74C7FE58-2FA1-4955-AA69-DE1163BE5476.png
    870.6 KB · Views: 87

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Tell me why final 14.2 would have two different build numbers for final release than?
One is an updated build that came out for iPhone 12 devices, some of which that came with iOS 14.2 on them, and the other is the build that was released for all devices when the iOS 14.2 public release came out.

The point is that the iOS 14.2 RC build was slightly different than the iOS 14.2 public release build. That's unrelated to there being multiple 14.2 public release builds, all of which are still different than the RC build anyway.

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
One is an updated build that came out for iPhone 12 devices, some of which that came with iOS 14.2 on them, and the other is the build that was released for all devices when the iOS 14.2 public release came out.

The point is that the iOS 14.2 RC build was slightly different than the iOS 14.2 public release build. That's unrelated to there being multiple 14.2 public release builds, all of which are still different than the RC build anyway.

Ok apple was wrong what ever it is but there was zero changes on iPhone 6-11 in terms of bug fixes or changes.... you had to remove RC profile to get public update. Before when you had dev profile before when they called it GM we would go from dev to GM and GM would be the same as public. Now RC is frozen last build with no further changes to dev/beta users.

if you install RC or public release you don’t get any fixes or changes under the hood ZERO

• Haha
Reactions: Jada34

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA

Sorry but you are simply wrong. On several levels. The letter at the end is a particular build of that version so 18B5091b would indicate a beta build ( the “5”) and the second compile/version of that build (“b”). A=1st B=2nd and so on. IF that beta goes in to be a release build then it becomes 18B91 dropping the 5 and the build revision letter at the end.

There is no different build number for dev channel vs public channel.

There is ALWAYS a possibility that the RC and final may be slightly different builds. Nothing to do with feature code freeze in this regard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.