Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

NBKindaGirl

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
Kansas City, Missouri
What I would like is choice to have the text under icons white or black or a color/ contrast of my choosing rather than Apple's. That way, I would be able to use a lot many wallpapers I cannot because I abhor the black text under icons.
THIS! I’m so glad I’m not the only one that feels this way. I had a wallpaper recently that I really liked but it defaulted to black text even though white text would’ve been perfectly visible. I hate that.

mfender

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2017
I can't get the beta 7 download to show up for me here in the midwestern US.
A few days ago I saw the beta profile had expired 0n 4/1, so I installed a newer one, and deleted the old one, with reboots, of course. Anyone know why?

Thanks

Update: When I got home from work I redownloaded the new beta profile again, rebooted and then the beta 7 showed up. Anyone have a clue why that is?

Last edited:

Kylo83

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2020
34B5E7B2-7AFD-4833-9158-1EEEC649A84E.jpeg

Is this new in the App Store there are these headers never seen them before

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Same old bugs.

Memory issue (causes partial crash) when running certain shortcuts from a widget on my iPhone 11 (works on 16GB 6S).

Calendar widget removes events after 15 minutes regardless of the actual duration if longer.

Volume is still a bit random/iffy when notifications come in.

Reactions: macintoshmac

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Same old bugs.

Memory issue (causes partial crash) when running certain shortcuts from a widget on my iPhone 11 (works on 16GB 6S).

Calendar widget removes events after 15 minutes regardless of the actual duration if longer.

Volume is still a bit random/iffy when notifications come in.
Don't expect small things like this to get fixed soon if ever. Unless its a show stopper apple doesn't care. Sad thing we have to accept. Adding new features is more important than actually supporting/fixing bugs associated with those new "features"

All about selling product.

Delta-NC

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
I have a random question for developers, been a while for health reasons since I did a lot of Xcode work and I can't quite remember. I know if I had the not yet real iOS 15 beta installed I'd need the not yet real Xcode 13 beta to compile and test apps on it and then I can't submit them to the App Store until a later point. But does the same Apply for iOS 14.5? Can I install the iOS 14.5 beta / macOS beta but not use the beta Xcode and still test and submit apps?

I'm having real issues with current macOS on an M1 and I really just want to move on. Really starting to find this delay in release a but absurd. I'm not caring about new features but I'm suffering from a handful of system issues and not the only one either. These really should have been sorted months ago.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Don't expect small things like this to get fixed soon if ever. Unless its a show stopper apple doesn't care. Sad thing we have to accept. Adding new features is more important than actually supporting/fixing bugs associated with those new "features"

All about selling product.
Agreed. I have similar issues with Big Sur. I've logged a feedback that I know (from apple forums) that others have also logged with the same description and components. My feedback has been there for months and still says that no-one else has reported the issue. This means that there are some components (Photos in this case) where they're not even looking at the feedback reports.

Still, despite my mini rant, I'm ok with iOS 14 and Big Sur. And I guess Apple know that :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.