Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
Experienced this in the last beta, but I'm curious if it's carried over for others: I reported very poor incoming video quality, while received via iMessage within Messages. The thumbnail was absurdly small, and the expanded video was very grainy during playback (almost hyper compressed). Has anyone encountered this?

Reactions: martyjmclean

Delta-NC

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
Agreed. I have similar issues with Big Sur. I've logged a feedback that I know (from apple forums) that others have also logged with the same description and components. My feedback has been there for months and still says that no-one else has reported the issue. This means that there are some components (Photos in this case) where they're not even looking at the feedback reports.

Still, despite my mini rant, I'm ok with iOS 14 and Big Sur. And I guess Apple know that :)

I've been reporting since iOS 8 how Siri talks to people in the UK with distances in "miles" and "yards" like they are residents of Ancient Rome even if the user has set everything to proper measurements. Never been fixed.

"Hey Siri, what's the weather like?"
"It's cloudy, temperature is 2°C"
"Hey Siri, where's the nearest coffee shop?"
"Arrr! Shiver me timbers! Da nearest coffee shap be twoo hundred yards away on Argyle Street! Arrrr!"

Jee thanks Siri, I'm not 70 years old ?

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Experienced this in the last beta, but I'm curious if it's carried over for others: I reported very poor incoming video quality, while received via iMessage within Messages. The thumbnail was absurdly small, and the expanded video was very grainy during playback (almost hyper compressed). Has anyone encountered this?
Yep, I’ve seen this several times.

Super tiny thumbnail and a grainy video…almost as if someone with an Android phone is sending videos.

Doesn’t happen every time, though. Think it happens maybe 5 times in the last two weeks.

Sserunkuma

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2020
I don't have the beta. Would anyone be able to tell me if, when selecting timezone Ponta Delgada or Beirut if the Calendars, Reminders and Clock apps crash when editing the time on an event or alarm?

It's been an issue since 14.4 and I don't know if 14.5 will fix it.

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
I don't have the beta. Would anyone be able to tell me if, when selecting timezone Ponta Delgada or Beirut if the Calendars, Reminders and Clock apps crash when editing the time on an event or alarm?

It's been an issue since 14.4 and I don't know if 14.5 will fix it.
Well you should have this beta and you probably don’t have because certificate has expired for the beta profile and you haven’t uodsted to the latest one which was released about a week ago

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
Well you should have this beta and you probably don’t have because certificate has expired for the beta profile and you haven’t uodsted to the latest one which was released about a week ago
Not sure about that. OTA I have updated my iPad, my iPhone and my watch without updating any profiles.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Having worked with OEMs since 1979 I suspect you don’t understand what OEM means. It actually means a third party compatible. An Original Equipment Manufacturer is a copyist not an originator. Strange but true.

Really? On what planet? In the auto industry (where I suspect this phrase originated), it means an auto manufacturer.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
I swear this guys makes videos in 5 minutes by the time I install my beta he has full videos out lol
Not wrong lol, only reason I’m watching them all at the moment, so I can see if the green tint and battery life issues has been fixed.

Reactions: NBKindaGirl

halloele

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2020
I think this was the last beta guys. I hope RC next week 14.04. and public release 21.04. ?

ICEman-c81

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2014
Has anyone had the issue of reminders always having an "Overdue reminders" notification upon every restart? Had this for a couple of betas and even deleting & recreating reminder hasn't fixed the issue.

Hope it'll fix itself for good when all my devices are on 14.5

Reactions: Pro_the_legend

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA

Not sure about that. OTA I have updated my iPad, my iPhone and my watch without updating any profiles.
Same here with iPad. Old profile still installed and update came down as normal. I believe the guy @DimaVR quoted was just stating that he does not have the beta and had a question about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.