Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Having done many a bug fix in my life, basic function are usually priority minor but qued as priority as they impact general use.
Many of these should not be difficult at all to fix unless they are the result of another change elsewhere. No excuse for some of these cross release items. As a Project Manager unless otherwise instructed, I would never allow items like this to persist.
By no means am I saying they shouldn't be fixed. My issue is the alarmist posting and how frequently members downplay the complexity of an operating system that includes 14 years worth of code. If it were simple, I imagine we wouldn't be having this conversation.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I get it. I really do. But what do you think is more likely: Apple engineers are incompetent and can't figure out how to fix certain bugs across multiple years of development or bugs that may seem prevalent in a place like this (where people come when they have an issue) are actually pretty rare and aren't high on the list of priorities?

I, for one, couldn't care less about the badge count on my Mail app. If I'm expecting something important, the split second it takes me to tap the app for it to open and refresh is no trouble at all. Don't even get me started on the text box issue in Messages.
Same. Badge count issues seem to be with certain email providers not related to iOS. GMail will not update because push is no longer supported with Apples client. Other issues seem to be with iCloud email. (Which should work with iOS) but it hasnt ever worked reliably as far as I know. As you said if I get a badge I check email BAM problem solved. I dont care if its one or 10.

Reactions: roncron

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Same. Badge count issues seem to be with certain email providers not related to iOS. GMail will not update because push is no longer supported with Apples client. Other issues seem to be with iCloud email. (Which should work with iOS) but it hasnt ever worked reliably as far as I know. As you said if I get a badge I check email BAM problem solved. I dont care if its one or 10.

Two different aspects which we're are mixing up.
1. Day to day use as you put it, if a badge is there - check it. Still it should be accurate. It used to be.
2. Testing is a different animal. If something is not working as it is supposed to, report it so it can looked at.

It is tiring that Apple cannot seem to get the basics 100% working correctly across releases. I have more basic bugs in iOS than I do in Android 8.1 (what's on my Razer).

Reactions: StumpyBloke

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
At one point, iOS 14.5 was really good about resuming music that you were listening to immediately after you watched a video or something.

Like, if you were listening to music on the iPhone and someone sent you a video, you could tap the video and your music would fade out and you’d hear the audio from said video. Then, once the video ended, your music would resume.

Feels like 14.5 has gotten worse with that over the last few betas. My music hardly ever resumes anymore. Kind of annoying.

GoldenChild

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
Anyone else having issues with mobile data on this modem with T-mobile? I have 1-2 bars on 5G and data won’t load until I turn airplane mode on and off. Pretty annoying

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
For some reason Twitter and WhatsApp are missing in the share sheet within safari

Whatsapp and Twitter missing in the share sheet?

5F0178E4-2424-428F-8A41-F4F0714112D6.jpeg

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
Glad it's not just me with the battery issues.

My 12PM is struggling to get through the day now. Yesterday I had to charge it at 1600hrs as I'd hit 18% left. Prior to the last couple of betas I was at around 40-45% and my usage hasn't changed.

I also find the phone and iPad (2019 12.9 Pro) get very laggy after a few days. Eg taking a screenshot I am often waiting up to 10 seconds for the screenshot to show up. Typing can get really slow etc. A reboot fixes temporarily. But after a couple of days the lag is back.

Nothing has changed on my phone, apps are all still the same etc.

I hope iOS 15 sorts out a lot of these issues. I don't know what it is at the moment with apple. I get the impression their quality control is somewhat less than it used to be. Could be wrong, but that is the impression I get.

Pro_the_legend

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2021
Glad it's not just me with the battery issues.

My 12PM is struggling to get through the day now. Yesterday I had to charge it at 1600hrs as I'd hit 18% left. Prior to the last couple of betas I was at around 40-45% and my usage hasn't changed.

I also find the phone and iPad (2019 12.9 Pro) get very laggy after a few days. Eg taking a screenshot I am often waiting up to 10 seconds for the screenshot to show up. Typing can get really slow etc. A reboot fixes temporarily. But after a couple of days the lag is back.

Nothing has changed on my phone, apps are all still the same etc.

I hope iOS 15 sorts out a lot of these issues. I don't know what it is at the moment with apple. I get the impression their quality control is somewhat less than it used to be. Could be wrong, but that is the impression I get.
Have you tired restoring? What you’re saying with the lag of 10 secs sounds kinda extreme.

I won’t comment on battery life as everyone’s usage varies. But battery life on my 12 PM has been solid since the last 2 betas, especially the current beta. Easily get through the day with anywhere between 20-30% left.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
12 ProMax
Last two nights I am unable to get this device to charge to 100%.
Anker stand on Friday after all night charging was 99%
This morning using wired charging it was 99%
Going to do a hard reboot tonight and see if that helps.
IPP11 charges to 100%

reported via feedback

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
IPP 11 2020
Safari.

Interestingly I tend to log into Twitter from Safari edspecially if responding from Mail. Today I saw something I haven’t seen before; I get an alert when loggin in (Safari) on my IPP into Twitter. It seems to think I was signing in on a Mac.
C00AD22E-64EB-4EDC-91E5-111129A3AE65.jpeg

Anyone else seen this?

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
12 ProMax
Last two nights I am unable to get this device to charge to 100%.
Anker stand on Friday after all night charging was 99%
This morning using wired charging it was 99%
Going to do a hard reboot tonight and see if that helps.
IPP11 charges to 100%

reported via feedback

Someday I hope you post your phone’s setup. You have more issues than anyone and there must be a reason for that. You are very, very thorough in your examination of each release, but the issues you have go beyond that and I’d love to know why.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Someday I hope you post your phone’s setup. You have more issues than anyone and there must be a reason for that. You are very, very thorough in your examination of each release, but the issues you have go beyond that and I’d love to know why.

You want phone or iPad?
Any specific aspect?
I am more than happy to share. Most things.

Thoughts:
I think one aspect is I look for everything that “isn’t normal” and frequently compare it to my Razer and what I have become used to in iOS / iPadOS.

Doesn’t charge to 100%? Report it
Mail unread doesn’t match badge? Report it.
Missing Message text box? Report it.
Odd message from Safari? Report it.
Call blocker turned off? Report it.
etc …

I also post fixes as I run into them.

Last edited:

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
You want phone or iPad?
Any specific aspect?
I am more than happy to share. Most things.

Thoughts:
I think one aspect is I look for everything that “isn’t normal” and frequently compare it to my Razer and what I have become used to in iOS / iPadOS.

Doesn’t charge to 100%? Report it. DON’T HAVE ISSUE.
Mail unread doesn’t match badge? Report it. DON’T HAVE ISSUE.
Missing Message text box? Report it. DON’T HAVE ISSUE.
Odd message from Safari? Report it. DON’T HAVE ISSUE.
Call blocker turned off? Report it. DON’T HAVE ISSUE.
etc …

I also post fixes as I run into them.

Good question. See my reactions to your issues. I am wondering why you have these issues and I do not. I don’t doubt you have them; I just don’t know why and so many of them. You are using the latest hardware. Do you have tons of apps (I have about 80)? Do you do anything unusual with your phone?

I’m not trying to pry into your usage of your phone; but am trying to understand why you (and a few others here) seem to have an unusually high number of these issues.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Good question. See my reactions to your issues. I am wondering why you have these issues and I do not. I don’t doubt you have them; I just don’t know why and so many of them. You are using the latest hardware. Do you have tons of apps (I have about 80)? Do you do anything unusual with your phone?

I’m not trying to pry into your usage of your phone; but am trying to understand why you (and a few others here) seem to have an unusually high number of these issues.

67 apps, very few games, Proton VPN, an MDM from work for Exchange, Teams, OneNote, Business Skype, all widgets are on Today screen unless I test one on Home screen. On AT&T and Spectrum WiFI.
I have my main Apple ID and a seperate one for the App Store (Family).
Other than that it is pretty basic.
I am pretty baffled also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.