Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

reminders-icon-200x200.jpg
In iOS 14.5, Apple added a much-requested feature to the Reminders app that arguably should have been there from the get-to: The ability to print your reminders lists.

It's unclear why Apple left it so late to bring a printing option to its native reminders app, but what matters is that it's finally available.

Now you can make hard copies of your reminders to use as a backup, for convenience, or simply to experience the pleasure of ticking off to-dos with a real pen.

The following steps show you how to get printing in Reminders.
  1. Launch the Reminders app and using the main menu, select a reminders list or create a new one by tapping New Reminder.
  2. With your reminders list completed, tap the More icon (three dots in a circle) in the top-right corner of the screen.
    ios-print-reminders-list2-e1619535678749.jpg

Tap Print in the dropdown menu.
  3. Using the options, select the printer you want to use and the number of copies you want to print, and toggle the switch to select mono or color printing.
    If you're happy with the preview and chosen options, tap Print in the top-right corner of the screen.
    ios-print-reminders-list1.jpg
Bonus tip: iOS 14.5 introduces a new option to sort lists in Reminders by Due Date, Creation Date, Priority, or Title. You can access the Sort By option by tapping the same More icon you used to reveal the print option.

Article Link: iOS 14.5: How to Print a Reminders List

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
I remember when everyone was hoping for a decent quick and easy sync option for the notes app so we could get our groceries & to-do lists sync'd to & from our Macs. After spending years not doing that simple thing, Apple came out with this Reminders app instead, which made doing simple things as convoluted of a process as possible, got a lot of complaining about being confusing, and opened the door to developers to make sensible apps, albeit disconnected ones, once the App Store launched.

Every once in a while I think to ask someone if they're taking down our meeting in their reminders, and I always get a "I don't use that" or "I have no idea what that app is for". I have no idea what the user base numbers are of that app, and I'm sure there are die-hard devotees here, but I've never once encountered someone that indicates they use it, so it seems anecdotally like the least popular app they make. ...I'm sort of amazed every OS release that reminders continues to exist.

Reactions: 4487549 and Moi Ici

yanksfan114

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2011
Wow you mean hitting the share options button and hitting ‘print’ like basically every other app on iOS? Who would’ve guessed!

joshwenke

Suspended
Mar 26, 2011
Does anyone else find Reminders too hard to use? I am very tech-savvy, but this app works best through Siri (which says something, as Siri is not the sharpest tool in the shed).

I have come to love Todoist.
Apple has made great improvements, but it's still not enough. When compared with apps (like Todoist, and others) that specialize, you realize that Apple's Reminders is not that great.

Reactions: 4487549

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
If they want to make something useful, they need a way to print your entire iMessage history to a PDF in a multi-column format to save paper.

• Haha
Reactions: LeadingHeat

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Lesser known tip that would actually be useful to share: on those print screens you can get a copy of the document by long pressing the image and then tapping it. From there you can then share to other apps.

Reactions: 4487549

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2021
I don’t need the print option but the other changes are welcome. Now please fix the Mail app so I can sort my inbox by sender and fix the Safari app so I can sort my bookmarks alphabetically.

Apple apps should have the same functionality on Mac and iOS.

Last edited:

campingsk8er

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2011
Elizabethtown, PA
I remember when everyone was hoping for a decent quick and easy sync option for the notes app so we could get our groceries & to-do lists sync'd to & from our Macs. After spending years not doing that simple thing, Apple came out with this Reminders app instead, which made doing simple things as convoluted of a process as possible, got a lot of complaining about being confusing, and opened the door to developers to make sensible apps, albeit disconnected ones, once the App Store launched.

Every once in a while I think to ask someone if they're taking down our meeting in their reminders, and I always get a "I don't use that" or "I have no idea what that app is for". I have no idea what the user base numbers are of that app, and I'm sure there are die-hard devotees here, but I've never once encountered someone that indicates they use it, so it seems anecdotally like the least popular app they make. ...I'm sort of amazed every OS release that reminders continues to exist.
Just because *you* don’t use it or know anyone that does, doesn’t mean people don’t use it.

I use it almost daily. One of my homepods is in my kitchen and when I need groceries, I just say “hey Siri, add blank to my shopping list*. Then when I go shopping it’s automatically there.

LeadingHeat

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2015
It's unclear why Apple left it so late to bring a printing option to its native reminders app, but what matters is that it's finally available.
Really? It’s a much requested feature? This seems a bit dramatic, or maybe just the strong opinions of the writer of this article. I hadn’t heard anything of people moaning that it didn’t have the print feature until now.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Does anyone else find Reminders too hard to use? I am very tech-savvy, but this app works best through Siri (which says something, as Siri is not the sharpest tool in the shed).

I have come to love Todoist.
I don't have any problems using Siri with Reminders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.