Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kitchenator3000

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2020
I'm a boomer, and I haven't printed a reminders or grocery list in probably 10-15 years.

You can check them off on your phone! Why bother with pen and paper?
Because when you're wearing a mask in the grocery store, it's a pain in the butt to keep unlocking your phone via passcode to check your list.

• Love
Reactions: colourfastt

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
Lesser known tip that would actually be useful to share: on those print screens you can get a copy of the document by long pressing the image and then tapping it. From there you can then share to other apps.
This is either the best hidden feature ever or even only a useful bug. ?

DB2k

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2007
honestly im sure someone will use this but frankly it looks pointless to me.
What would be nice would be a way to READ A NOTE ON MY WATCH
Good lord why is THAT not a thing? I don't want to edit it (maybe ticking off items but even that isn't mandatory) - I just want to open a list on my watch and read it. How hard can it be!

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Because when you're wearing a mask in the grocery store, it's a pain in the butt to keep unlocking your phone via passcode to check your list.
You must be a slower shopper than I am. When I’m shopping, items get checked off fast enough that the phone stays unlocked most of the time.

Plus my SE has TouchID, and I’m not wearing a mask on my thumb. ?

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Good lord why is THAT not a thing? I don't want to edit it (maybe ticking off items but even that isn't mandatory) - I just want to open a list on my watch and read it. How hard can it be!
Not quite as general purpose, but - we use Paprika for our grocery lists*, and it has a decent watch app. If Winco accepted NFC payments, I’d probably just go in with my watch and no phone. But, since I have my phone anyway (its case is also my wallet), I prefer the phone app to the watch app.

*Grocery lists, meal planning, recipe import and storage - it’s a great app!

Reactions: 4487549

Chefclean

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2017
Heres why I do not use Reminders. A reminder will not show up in the notification badge until its past due. I need to know how many reminders I have on my list, due date aside.

Deliro

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2011
Because it’s not just for date reminders. I mostly use it for shopping lists. Why would that need to be in the calendar?

I see what you're saying. I'd like it to be similar as fantastical (I won't pay for it's insane price) and other calendar apps. I'd like for it to show for ones assigned with dates on my calendar feed. Usually "reminders" come with a time/date. Shopping/todo lists blur the line of what a "reminder" is. For some reminders, I just make a meeting placeholder on my calendar. It's just easier to say "hey Siri remind me x at y time".

name99

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2004
You're 5 years older than me! :D
Old is a measure of the mind, not of the brain...
In matter years I'm probably older than both of you.

But honestly I'm with the skeptics here, unable to think of a situation where I have ever wanted to print my Reminders list (and I use Reminders a fair bit, both in the "Remind me when I get home to XYZ" form and in the "add XYZ to list Costco" form).

Reactions: qoop

name99

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2004
I assume you mean LITERALLY a Note taken in Notes?
Reminders (in my case a grocery list) do show up in the Apple Watch in a perfectly usable fashion.
Maybe it's worth at least considering whether your list use cse would work in Reminders?

BlueandSilver

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2018
Bonus question: How to print to pdf like on a Mac?
I use this all the time, it’s super nice for archiving emails and such. When you go to print, zoom the page in (pinching out with your fingers) and it’ll be a pdf which you can then Save to Files, etc.

Reactions: Gudi

spscott

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2009
Why, why, why, why... is there no sorting ability when looking at the "All" smart list? I have a lot of lists to keep myself organized and I don't want to miss anything so I use the "All" tab to see everything in one place. And when I do that, all of my sorting goes away and it's arbitrary again?! Why wouldn't the All list reflect the sorting you've specified in individual lists, which for me is all by priority anyway, so it's all the same sort preference. Ugh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.