Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
According to the message that pops up on my phone when I enable Sound Recognition, ”hey, Siri” is disabled while SR is enabled. Are you saying that that message is a bug? I saw what you posted previously.

Seeing as the release notes say that 'Hey Siri' should now be recognised when Sound Recognition is on, if it is not doing so, then that is a explicitly a bug, therefore it needs reporting as such.

Reactions: decypher44

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
This seems new for the UK! Might have been there in an earlier beta, but not had the weather to warrant it, until now. (It’s not Dark Sky stuff, and as far as the UK goes, we weren’t getting anything changed in iOS 14 for weather).
View attachment 937422
I didn't get this (I'm in London). But what I do get is the weather not changing with the time of day. I'm still on this afternoons weather details!
[automerge]1595723399[/automerge]
My weather widget seems to be stuck and won’t update. Even tried to remove and re add it.
Same here

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Seeing as the release notes say that 'Hey Siri' should now be recognised when Sound Recognition is on, if it is not doing so, then that is a explicitly a bug, therefore it needs reporting as such.
I submitted feedbacK. I wasn’t sure if Hey, Siri was still enabled despite the alert message received. That is why I asked. After I asked, I tested again, and Siri is disabled while SR is enabled on my SE 2020.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
I didn't get this (I'm in London). But what I do get is the weather not changing with the time of day. I'm still on this afternoons weather details!

It disappeared quickly, when I changed to a different city and back, it had gone.

My weather widget has behaved fine, but it's in a Smart Stack, so maybe it's refreshing on rotation.
[automerge]1595723542[/automerge]
I submitted feedbacK. I wasn’t sure if Hey, Siri was still enabled despite the alert message received. That is why I asked. After I asked, I tested again, and Siri is disabled while SR is enabled on my SE 2020.

I'd say that someone maybe forgot to remove the message, does Hey Siri work anyway, despite the message? the bug might be the message, rather than the functionality.

Reactions: scouser75

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
It disappeared quickly, when I changed to a different city and back, it had gone.

My weather widget has behaved fine, but it's in a Smart Stack, so maybe it's refreshing on rotation.
[automerge]1595723542[/automerge]

I'd say that someone maybe forgot to remove the message, does Hey Siri work anyway, despite the message? the bug might be the message, rather than the functionality.
I too Am using smart stack. I'll try another offing and oning the phone tomorrow ?

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020

Same thing here on latest public beta, previous public beta weather widget wasn’t missing a beat, updating itself when needed.

should be a easy fix for apple, since it was working flawlessly on the previous beta.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Same thing here on latest public beta, previous public beta weather widget wasn’t missing a beat, updating itself when needed.

should be a easy fix for apple, since it was working flawlessly on the previous beta.
I find it strange how some issues affect some and not others... Even when they're in the same country!
[automerge]1595723985[/automerge]
I find it strange how some issues affect some and not others... Even when they're in the same country!
In fact, NONE of my widgets are updating. I still have all of yesterday's news on my news and sports widgets. Do I need to change settings anywhere for quicker updates?

Reactions: LFC2020

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020

wondered that myself as well, some people have issues, some don’t, even when they have the same exact phone and same beta build.

Guess we’ll never know lol.

can’t fault iOS 14 been very very stable for a early beta.

YNWA ???

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Can someone explain showing the cloud/sun lightning bolt icon in the middle of the night? Do the icons have something to do with probability? Meaning if you see just a cloud with the lightning bolt that means a higher probability of thunderstorms whereas the other icon means just a slight chance?

5E8F2884-70EC-40EE-8F29-0227C856EA7A.jpeg

Reactions: valleian

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Can someone explain showing the cloud/sun lightning bolt icon in the middle of the night? Do the icons have something to do with probability? Meaning if you see just a cloud with the lightning bolt that means a higher probability of thunderstorms whereas the other icon means just a slight chance?
The thunderbolts mean chance of thunderstorms. The sun peeking out from the clouds indicates partly cloudy. Yes, it would be more accurate to substitute a moon peeking out during night hours, but then someone would ask why the moon phase wasn't accurate.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
This will be more of a general post - IPP 11 G2.

Spent the day listening to music (YouTube Music), playing a game (Heckfire), and watching Video (Youtube and Prime Video).

First a note on video ...
At times the video would stutter, become choppy. The quality didn’t change, just the frame rate. It would last for at most a few seconds. This was observed in the game, the video in Youtube Music and the video apps.

Next on to sound ...
This was strictly on YouTube Music ... when I had the display off, the music would drop a level in volume and then pick back up after a minute of two. Using AirPods Pro.

Lastly Siri ...
I would be listening and watching and suddenly the littel Siri swirly is on screen. Didn’t hear Siri in ear but it would stay for a few seconds then vanish. No clue as to cause.

Once I figure out how to word these I will submit feedback.

Reactions: Camperniki

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
That‘s not new. It‘s been this way for years, it‘s just that the data gets purged with loads of phone usage. If your usage is average it should probably remember playback position.

Example: I always listen to Apple Music when driving my car. When I get into my car in the morning, it always continues where I left of the day before.
Right. They’ve finally fixed it. I use my phone heavily at work (I have an entire page of just work apps) and music always gets purged. Even though it’s purged it starts back at the same location it was at now. That’s the change.

• Love
Reactions: NBKindaGirl

Camperniki

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
Southern California
This will be more of a general post - IPP 11 G2.

Spent the day listening to music (YouTube Music), playing a game (Heckfire), and watching Video (Youtube and Prime Video).

First a note on video ...
At times the video would stutter, become choppy. The quality didn’t change, just the frame rate. It would last for at most a few seconds. This was observed in the game, the video in Youtube Music and the video apps.

Next on to sound ...
This was strictly on YouTube Music ... when I had the display off, the music would drop a level in volume and then pick back up after a minute of two. Using AirPods Pro.

Lastly Siri ...
I would be listening and watching and suddenly the littel Siri swirly is on screen. Didn’t hear Siri in ear but it would stay for a few seconds then vanish. No clue as to cause.

Once I figure out how to word these I will submit feedback.
I was having the Siri issue on B2. Any time anything with siri in it was said, siri would activate (words like seriously and such). Would activate even if it was just a lyric in a song and not me saying anything. Very odd. Appears to have vanished this beta

Reactions: dk001

TechieGeek

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Did anyone else experience this? I was left with no cellular data until I rebooted. I’m on TMobile in the US, iPhone 11 Pro, DP3.

Attachments

• A34C07EA-5968-4F79-9D5D-D4A625F1002E.png
    A34C07EA-5968-4F79-9D5D-D4A625F1002E.png
    898.3 KB · Views: 74

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
Running Public Beta 3; And everytime i enable sound recognition, "hey siri" goes off. :-(

As per my earlier post:

Are you definitely running DB3? As prior to DB3, having sound recognition on disabled 'Hey Siri'. As per Dev Notes (Link on Page 1), it should not be a problem.

View attachment 937355

Therefore, if it's still happening, report it, as it's a bug.
[automerge]1595752331[/automerge]
Aware of that.

Just stated it, it had already been said multiple times, this thread is kind of becoming Groundhog Day, with the widgets being stated as buggy each day, so any new bugs/changes/improvements that people post about gets lost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.