Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Apart from being able to choose default web browser and mail provider, you guys reckon we’ll get a few more changes and surprises during the remaing beta release?

Maybe widgets becoming interactive? ?

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
The weather widget seems to be stuck and won’t change

As per the first post in this thread......

New Issues
  • Weather widget still not updating
[automerge]1595757020[/automerge]
Apart from being able to choose default web browser and mail provider, you guys reckon we’ll get a few more changes and surprises during the remaing beta release?

I’m expecting more widgets from Apple, replacing the ones they had in iOS 13.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
I’m expecting more widgets from Apple, replacing the ones they had in iOS 13.

Which ones you thinking?
[automerge]1595757692[/automerge]
Emoji search missing for anyone else, on iPadOS 14 public beta 2?

prithvi64

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2017

How to change default Web browser? I am not getting option.
[automerge]1595765270[/automerge]
pleasant surprise, this build has "Zoom" view for XS. Looking this option desperately on Xs. It was the only device, which wasn't provided with Zoom view option.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
It disappeared quickly, when I changed to a different city and back, it had gone.

My weather widget has behaved fine, but it's in a Smart Stack, so maybe it's refreshing on rotation.
[automerge]1595723542[/automerge]

I'd say that someone maybe forgot to remove the message, does Hey Siri work anyway, despite the message? the bug might be the message, rather than the functionality.
Hey, Siri does not work with Sound Recognition on. Unfortunately, the alert message was accurate.
[automerge]1595765617[/automerge]
[automerge]1595765270[/automerge]
pleasant surprise, this build has "Zoom" view for XS. Looking this option desperately on Xs. It was the only device, which wasn't provided with Zoom view option.
That option has not been enabled, yet. Once the option is enabled by Apple, the respective developers of browsers will have to include the ability in a subsequent app release.

robertk328

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Did anyone else experience this? I was left with no cellular data until I rebooted. I’m on TMobile in the US, iPhone 11 Pro, DP3.
Yes, had that with the last beta as well. Rebooting does the trick, not sure what's causing it.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England

It requires apps to be updated using the new version of Xcode, and Apple doesn’t accept those until late August, with them being released in the week before iOS14 is released.

Hey, Siri does not work with Sound Recognition on. Unfortunately, the alert message was accurate.

definitely a bug, then, as it’s meant to work, according to the notes.

Reactions: QuarterSwede

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
I was having the Siri issue on B2. Any time anything with siri in it was said, siri would activate (words like seriously and such). Would activate even if it was just a lyric in a song and not me saying anything. Very odd. Appears to have vanished this beta

Saw something similar in b2. In this case I was the only one home, using Airpods, so unless my fish have learned to talk ...
Unless Siri was listening in to my AP’s ....
Keeping an eye for more of this.

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
Hi all. I’m having a problem with the share sheet. Sorry if it’s been posted already, I may have overlooked it.

Since installing ios14 dev. beta 3 the icons on share sheet are clickable but blank, only showing a name but not an image, for telegram, discord, and Facebook instant messenger. I’ve done a phone reboot and turned off/on permissions from all those apps to use share sheet with no luck.

Is there a fix to this issue or is this an update required on the end of the applications or Apple? Thank you.

I just had this same issue last night and a reboot fixed it. For me it was in the Photos app, the share sheet was populating with icons on the left but no wording, and noting was able to be selected. I was trying to just set my wallpaper.

petterihiisila

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2010
Finland
RAM management in this new beta has been working very well for me. I can’t remember the last time YouTube was still open and ready to go from where it left off, after several hours of gaming in between, but now it is, consistently. iPad Pro 12” 64GB 2018. Also happy to see the storage space return to normal.

Looks like a good release so far. No blocker issues running as a daily driver on both iPad Pro and iPhone XS, everything is mostly stable.

Share sheet is unreliable in some apps. It opens slowly and/or crashes the application. That’s about the only problem I have currently.

Reactions: QuarterSwede

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Can someone explain showing the cloud/sun lightning bolt icon in the middle of the night? Do the icons have something to do with probability? Meaning if you see just a cloud with the lightning bolt that means a higher probability of thunderstorms whereas the other icon means just a slight chance?

View attachment 937534

I think you either live in Iceland or Alaska. Or the widget is mismatching the weather with incorrect times. I don’t think it is anything more than that.

Or the partly cloudy/moon thing the others said.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
I just noticed this, there's no phone widget anymore on iOS 14? I always used the phone widget to make a quick call from my favorites contact, now I have to open the phone app and then go to my favorites? Strange they remove this.

Reactions: Jaggrey

Jimbo617

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2019
Did anyone notice their iPhone lagging (I have XS Max, so it’s unlikely a hardware issue) with AirPods Pro connected? Yesterday and today I listened to Spotify and my phone is very hard to operate when listening to music with AirPods. When I take AirPods out - phone works fine. Anyone else? Also, Pokémon Go isn’t working lol

krazyleb

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2015
Edmonton
Had the same issue with beta 2, homekit doesnt working unless I’m on the local network. My hub which is an iPad isn’t on ios 14 so that might be why. My wife’s phone which is on iOS 13 works just fine outside my local network.

Anyone else notice this?

guychicago

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2010
Chicago
Anyone else seeing FaceTime calls not working for iPad OS beta3? audio works but the person on the other end cannot see you.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
I just noticed this, there's no phone widget anymore on iOS 14? I always used the phone widget to make a quick call from my favorites contact, now I have to open the phone app and then go to my favorites? Strange they remove this.

They’ve not really removed it, rather than haven’t made one for the new widget system.

I suspect that will be coming in a later beta, or by GM.

Apple clearly haven’t had all their stock widgets finished yet, as we have seen new widgets from them on each beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.