Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Natya Sadella

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 20, 2016
Lets begin:

• App store update notifications (yeah I know they should be there but never works, so is automatic updates)
  • Apple app updates over app store
  • Changeable menu bar buttons (like removing arcade from app store and adding updates tab again)
  • Homebar disable
  • Control center bar disable
  • Changeable lockscreen buttons
  • More infos on lockscreen
  • Spotlight disable
  • Bigger folders
  • 50% faster animations
  • 4 grid style multitasking
  • Live icons
  • Dynamic wallpapers like macos
  • Emoji bar under keyboard
  • Swipe on first row for numbers like ipad keyboard
  • Shutdown spinner
  • Music app alerts like ringer ui
  • Battery alerts like ringer ui
  • New incoming call screen
  • Timeable mail sending
  • Heartrate monitor in health app
  • Rar file management
  • Mkv file management
  • Shazam build in music app
  • Exif clean function in photos app
  • Create grids in photos
  • Multiple timers
  • Better weather data
  • No oled smearing
  • All app settings in settings app bundled
  • Setting for reset a app (clean cache etc.) without logout
  • Face id on all apps
  • Converter app with translator function
  • Speedtest function in settings app
  • Ad blocker built in
  • Always listen siri (just say „siri“ anywhere in a sentence to activate siri)
  • Star atlas function in maps app
  • Smart notifcations in status bar (just the app icon on the left notch animating in and out for apps you want to send direct to notification center but want to be notified that something new is there)
  • New system sounds and alerts
  • Every touch with haptic feedback in accessibility settings
  • Do not disturb for specific days not just time
  • Multitasking combined with control center on one page
  • Profiles for settings like for work or home
  • No itunes store app like on macos
  • Automatic login password (that new blue bar introduced in ios 12.x for all passwords, I often see the old bar above the keyboard)
  • New dialer in phone app like music app minibar, right on contacts screen)
  • Set up which screen you see after you close and reopen apps (like in the clock app, it always shows timer screen instead of worldclock screen for example)
  • Safari bar on bottom and redesigned (just the searchbar, a lil swipe up or swipe to the sides to reveal download manager, share sheet etc.)
  • Default apps

Last edited:

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Top 5:
  1. Camera: manual controls
  2. Photos: Shared iCloud Photo Library
  3. Phone: STIR/SHAKEN
  4. Settings: delete individual app data without having to reinstall the app (deleting built-in app does not clear data)
  5. Settings: allow third party app to become the default app

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
  • Homebar disable
  • Control center bar disable
What I want is the ability to maintain where home bar is, disabled or not. I’ve had it enough switching out of an intense game session just because my swipe is too close to the bottom in landscape mode. Control Center bar is ok. This does not bother me much.
Spotlight disable
Mind asking why?
Shutdown spinner
This? Really? Jut wait a minute...
  • Music app alerts like ringer ui
  • Battery alerts like ringer ui
I have no idea what these stuff mean.
  • Rar file management
  • Mkv file management
These are reserved for macOS and PC. Most people don’t even care the video format of videos taken by their iPhone. They just share it anyway.
Setting for reset a app (clean cache etc.) without logout
While this is good, it is very difficult to generalise, unless developer follows a very clear unambiguous guideline.
With that being said, I want a feature to just delete website data without clearing history. All desktop browsers can do this. Why iOS can’t?
Speedtest function in settings app
Uh, just use Speedtest app, that’s it. I don’t need to keep track of my network speed when the website just load as slow as if I am using EDGE anyway.
Always listen siri (just say „siri“ anywhere in a sentence to activate siri)
We are pretty close to this one right? And I believe “hey Siri” is already a thing from iPhone 6s.
No itunes store app like on macos
Where do we old folks buy the music then? Forcing everyone to go for Apple Music or no music at all? Not gonna like it.
Automatic login password
This depends a lot on how website design their login page. Apple cannot cover all of them.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
@OP, don't you think you're being greedy? :)

Maybe shorten it down to 5 things and then we're talking?

Sunshoopa

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2011
If you really want all these small changes, you could just jailbreak and have them. I had 70% of iOS 13 (Xbox controller, dark mode, volume etc) for months on iOS 12, plus some of the things you listed.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I would like to hear what others wish for ios 14. no need to discuss any of my suggestions :p
But it is only natural to nitpick every single feature you have listed and give personal opinions. /s:cool::p
With that being said, I think it is still pretty early to discuss about iOS 14 feature list when iOS 13 is still in beta 1 period.

Natya Sadella

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 20, 2016
There won’t be many groundbreaking changes. I’m into betas since ios 4, the new features and ui changes will see some refinements of course but this is our ios 13.

Reactions: f12003_ga

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Import music from Files to Music. I don’t get all my music from the iTunes Store and Apple Music, so I’d like to download an album in Safari and import it from there.
I doubt it given apple’s serious push towards Apple Music and now they demote iTunes Store when you make a fresh install of iOS 13. It feels like they want to ditch iTunes Store within a few weeks or so, even though they may not.

Reactions: NBKindaGirl

alex2792

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
Better mouse support including right click menu and Magic Trackpad gesture support, ability to set default apps.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Better mouse support including right click menu and Magic Trackpad gesture support
I would hope we could see this during iOS 13, not waiting until iOS 14, given that we already have some level of mouse support already, including some game mouses with tons of buttons.

Reactions: Marlon DLTH :)
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.