Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fredrik9

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2018
Sweden
Here’s my list:

• Default apps
  • Erase counter 30 days for Files Trash
  • Be able to name files when saving in the save files box
  • Be able to add and view descriptions for photos in the native Photos app
  • Always on display for OLED devices
  • Double-tap for forward/backward in native video player
  • Indication as to which Split View app is currently active
  • Power off should require Face ID/Touch ID
  • Control the Apple Music app playback from other devices
  • Faster way to que songs in Apple Music
  • Toggle to hide app names on homescreen
  • Dual Bluetooth audio connections (also for Apple TV requires Bluetooth 5)
  • Tabs for all apps
  • Added keyboard shortcuts to bring it on par with the Mac (force developers to add support for external keyboards)
  • Faster/different animations when putting apps side-by-side
  • Complications on lockscreen and changeable lockscreen toggles
  • Phone calls stop hijacking screen
  • iCloud file sharing links to anyone (even non-Apple users)
  • All apps for iPad need to support Side-by-Side and vide apps PiP (force developers)
  • Keyboard shortcuts that tie in to the system, like play/pause spacebar and cmd-f is find and search. Keyboard shortcuts greatly expanded.
  • Ability to hide homebar
  • Xcode for iOS
  • A disk utility function on iPad to format external disks in APFS, macOS extended, exFAT
  • Tapdown state of buttons should be a vibrant color that is customizable (like the Mac)
  • Siri should stop hijacking the entire screen (especially on iPad)
  • Lose the giant pop-ups for “Added to playlist” in the Music app

Reactions: NBKindaGirl

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2018
My current top 5 feature requests would include:

1. The ability to dismiss incoming calls.
  2. The ability to set the incoming call notification alert style to banner.
  3. The ability to delete music from my Apple Music library without affecting playlists.
  4. The ability to mute tapback notifications.
  5. The ability to receive traffic alerts that include any accidents, construction, or road conditions that will impact my commute.

Last edited:
Reactions: NBKindaGirl

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
My top 3:

1) Always on Display
2) Always on Display
3) More icons per row/column on screen

Seriously now, other OLED phones have had AOD for years. I don't wanna have to pick up or tap on the screen just to know whether I have a message or email. Or have to poke around at my Apple Watch to find it. Quick glance at the phone sitting on the desk should provide this. Also, the increased icon density because, come on. We aren't all 70 and need big, huge icons. At least give a third option along with Standard and Zoomed, maybe call it "Dense".

fredrik9

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2018
Sweden
This is in 13. It's a little finicky in b1 though. Updating to b2 now and will check it.

Awesome! I saw a video about iOS 13 on YouTube and it didn't appear to be added so I thought it wasn't. Hope you're right that this will be possible in iOS 13. This is really shaping up to be one of the biggest updates to iOS since iOS 7.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
some of same that I've wanted for a while - on a phone to have the < or > in Safari on the top as it is on other devices and is on other Apple apps like news. I know initially they put on bottom for 1 handed operations but sometimes you have to click on top to get the arrow on bottom to show up. At least as an option.

Easier deletion of things. On the health app you can either delete all or one at a time. I want to delete - all last year or all last month with one swipe.
I wan to be able to easily delete books from iBooks - not just delete download and then hide - I want to delete as I do apps, etc.
Also about deletion - there are cookies that I regularly delete for a variety of reasons. I'd like to be able to set so I don't have to confirm - I swipe and it should delete.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Want, at least as an option, the < for Safari to back in history to be at top of screen rather than bottom. Everything else has been moved to top - like Apple News so why keep it on bottom for Safari.

nycgeo

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2005
NYC
Remove text name under apps in home screen. It’s been my #1 request since iPhone 1.

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
Remove the dam home bars it’s annoying even playing game on Apple Arcade all I see is the massive home bar, let us get rid of it, and show us the batt % number

Reactions: compwiz1202

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
I want native Airplay of photos (full size) from other apps back. This was removed in iOS 10 or 11 and is only possible now from Apple's own Photos app. If you are using any other app, Airplay displays smaller photos on your TV screen.

Trepanator

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2008
1) Share sheet capability in mail to forward messages to Notes/task managers/etc. It’s been missing for years and is literally the only thing I need.

2) The ability to mute/unmute the microphone in phone calls by double tapping on AirPods.

Reactions: sgtaylor5

Dbsr87

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2017
Split screen or PiP on iPhone so I can watch/listen to videos while doing other things is all that I am asking for.

wysiwyg1972

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2012
Toronto, Canada
My wish list:

-Ability to answer a FaceTime video call as audio only (I hate when people video chat me)
-Offer the option to automatically reset phone data usage info on a date of your choosing (billing date)

Reactions: compwiz1202

braindead5400

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
Wisconsin
I'd love:
  • Ability to hide home bars
  • Incoming call notifications that don't take over the entire screen
  • Better management of the camera roll/all photos. For example, an ability to segregate images not taken by my phone camera from the camera roll/all photos. Photos acts as the repository for all images on the phone but is really only designed for images taken with the phone's camera. The "memories" created by my photo app often include images I've saved such as wallpapers, infographics for games, or photos from real estate listings. Previously you could "hide" these photos from the camera roll while still keeping them organized in folders. Since iOS 12 (or 11?) if you hide a photo from the camera roll it also disappears from all other albums so I can't have a usable "wallpapers" or "ideas" folder while also keeping those images from showing up in the camera roll and being included in memories.
  • Ability to add news songs to the top of a playlist instead of the bottom
  • Faster scrolling when moving songs in playlists
  • More control over do not disturb, such as being able to adjust the times for weekends vs. weekdays

ryanmp

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2016
It has been said a few times in here already, but a proper Shared iCloud Photo Library is a much needed feature.

I know this already exists in some ways through Family Sharing and iCloud Photo Sharing but Apple needs to find a way for this to work better for people who want a more permanent share Library. A library that you can browse in the same way as the personal iCloud library with Memories, folders etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.