Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
no. it is not.
I haven’t seen this on either my phone or ipad. Someone said most people won’t notice it. That kinda means either it‘s not a bug or it’s so insignificant that Apple won’t pay any attention to it or my eyes can‘t see it which I’m ok with.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Still seeing the count in App Updates off by one ….
7F29D5CE-32B4-41B7-BF23-6F57E360CD1D.jpeg

Reactions: gank41

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Over the weekend I received my new work phone - 13 Pro Max.

Spent the weekend setting it up. Couple of things I did straight out:
Set up as new.
Used the latest backup from the 12PM on my MB.

I thought about doing the device to device transfer however I elected to go ipsw and new.
Over the next week I‘ll be looking to see if changing devices took care of some bugs and I will try to replicate some of the bugs listed here.

Crossing fingers….

Reactions: BBDDVV

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Initial notes:
?
  • When I turned iCloud on I saw Photo Backup was on by default. :confused:
  • After getting everything setup, I found that there are entries missing from Setting > Password. Stuff I have on both the iPhone and iPad Pro. Password entry missing on iPhone.
  • The overall speed on the Home screen seems slow.
:)
  • Storage is now correct.
  • Calendar seems to be okay.
  • Battery so far seems really good.
:(
  • Seeing issues with some apps, touch is not registering in the upper corners alongside the notch. First noticed on Reddit. Now seeing on some other apps
  • WiFi has issues connecting on wakeup
  • Noticed during app updates the total to go was +1 over actual to install
  • AirPod Pro - Noise Cancellation does not turn back on after removing one APP and then replacing
  • Bluetooth list is different between my iPad Pro and iPhone. Should be pretty much the same.
  • Message notifications are not showing up on the Apple Watch. Can read messages but no alerts are being triggered.
  • Still seeing an issue with Teams. If on a Teams video call and try to reopen Teams after checking something like email, the app crashes.
  • Weather widget differs from app by as much as 4F so far.

Last edited:

kave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2012
Sweden
On my iPhone marking text works perfectly in images but it seems it is never indexed. Ie a photo conatins text which I can select and copy and paste but I cant search for it. It was working in some of the betas but never since.
How does this work for you?

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
On my iPhone marking text works perfectly in images but it seems it is never indexed. Ie a photo conatins text which I can select and copy and paste but I cant search for it. It was working in some of the betas but never since.
How does this work for you?
Works. Pictures containing any text I search are reliably found. iPadOS 15.0.2

killhippie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2016
UK
I had a weird one, I charged my phone last night and lost all my battery data. It shows two days and the last 24 hours, not 10 days. I called Apple who did a diagnostic and all is well with the phone, so maybe some kind of bug is what the Apple guy said as if the battery was having issues it would show up with the test they do. iOS 15 is a bit hit and miss on 15.0.2, lets hope 15.1 sorts many of these issues out.

kave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2012
Sweden

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
What ipad do you have?. Tried on my Air 3 (A12) and not even English language works.

Frank
11” iPP 2020. Every word in one of the supported language is reliable found (if in a picture of course ?); for nonsupported languages it’s more hit&miss - seems to work for everything which is quite short and can be categorised as a Name and does not include many vocals, so looking up pictures with finnish words is tricky. ?

Reactions: dk001

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
If you read my post you will se that how it works for me to. But what is not working is searching for text inside photos
That worked fine under the betas but not in the release ios 15.xx
if the text in a picture is selectable, searching for the word will reveal the photo or picture on iPadOS 15.0.2.

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
If you read my post you will se that how it works for me to. But what is not working is searching for text inside photos
That worked fine under the betas but not in the release ios 15.xx
what happens if you use a more general search term? like if I search for “bird”, all photographs of birds on my iPad will be found - does this work?

one more thing: how many pictures do you have on your device? I have just around 2000 photos on my iPad, no idea how long the required processing in the background might need?

EDIT: you might kindly try this -> take a partial screen shot of this page and save it to Apple’s Photos. Then switch and search for a word included here, e.g. moose, Schraubenzieher, panaderia, hippopotamus ???… not sure wether the languages themselves have to be installed.

Last edited:

kave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2012
Sweden
what happens if you use a more general search term? like if I search for “bird”, all photographs of birds on my iPad will be found - does this work?

one more thing: how many pictures do you have on your device? I have just around 2000 photos on my iPad, no idea how long the required processing in the background might need?
Yes, the photo recognize function works, but that also worked fine on iOS 14.x, it is not a new feature. What did work on the beta releases was searching for recognized text. I have about 120.000 images. The search for text worked almost at once on the betas.

Frankras

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
11” iPP 2020. Every word in one of the supported language is reliable found (if in a picture of course ?); for nonsupported languages it’s more hit&miss - seems to work for everything which is quite short and can be categorised as a Name and does not include many vocals, so looking up pictures with finnish words is tricky. ?
Hmm, I believe I will use my S20FE for now until I get it to work on my Air 3. Lots of my text is in danish anyway.

Frank

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.