Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Since I installed iOS 15 I've been checking how apps are behaving and I deleted the ones that spy the most on my iPad or iPhone
I ordered some stuff from Amazon, using Safari not the app, because is one of those.
The item arrived was already damaged
Tried to return it and there it goes ..
Easy to get to the return part but now Amazon offers only Purolator and not Canada Post as before.
To drop it to a Purolator depot it's a mess. Only 2 available in Vancouver and 8 km from where I live, plus the difficulty/cost to drive/park downtown etc
I tried to get to the chat webpage: very difficult to find the link but eventually I got there.
Why do you want to chat: return damaged item
Beachball start spinning forever. Tried two more times, same story
Chose different reason: item error. Chat works!
The very nice representative understood and immediately sent me a link to print a label for Canada Post.
I wanted to print it from my iPad : I click the link that opens safari , log in, and there is a window where I need to prove that it's me, only downloading the app. No way that I'm going to use the app
I tried 3 more times. Same story. I go to my computer, download the label and print it.
Meanwhile I get 4 emails that I need to prove again that it's me
Only from my computer I was able to do it. Safari: no way
Amazon revenge not using its app. Mine? I will not buy from them again.

Reactions: sorgo †

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Since I installed iOS 15 I've been checking how apps are behaving and I deleted the ones that spy the most on my iPad or iPhone
I ordered some stuff from Amazon, using Safari not the app, because is one of those.
The item arrived was already damaged
Tried to return it and there it goes ..
Easy to get to the return part but now Amazon offers only Purolator and not Canada Post as before.
To drop it to a Purolator depot it's a mess. Only 2 available in Vancouver and 8 km from where I live, plus the difficulty/cost to drive/park downtown etc
I tried to get to the chat webpage: very difficult to find the link but eventually I got there.
Why do you want to chat: return damaged item
Beachball start spinning forever. Tried two more times, same story
Chose different reason: item error. Chat works!
The very nice representative understood and immediately sent me a link to print a label for Canada Post.
I wanted to print it from my iPad : I click the link that opens safari , log in, and there is a window where I need to prove that it's me, only downloading the app. No way that I'm going to use the app
I tried 3 more times. Same story. I go to my computer, download the label and print it.
Meanwhile I get 4 emails that I need to prove again that it's me
Only from my computer I was able to do it. Safari: no way
Amazon revenge not using its app. Mine? I will not buy from them again.
I never really had an issue browsing the Amazon from Safari but I use the app when buying stuff on my iPhone or iPad. Being upset at Amazon because you had an issue with Safari doesn't make sense though. Sure you're going to have a better experience on an app with a mobile device but it will work either way. Amazon requiring you to prove it's you should make you happy because that means someone else will have a more difficult time getting into your account.

Reactions: max2

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
I never really had an issue browsing the Amazon from Safari but I use the app when buying stuff on my iPhone or iPad. Being upset at Amazon because you had an issue with Safari doesn't make sense though. Sure you're going to have a better experience on an app with a mobile device but it will work either way. Amazon requiring you to prove it's you should make you happy because that means someone else will have a more difficult time getting into your account.

Bingo.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
Yeah, **** Amazon. I’ve ordered probably fewer than 5 things from them since my move to Seattle in May 2019 (and 0 since moving back to Wisconsin last July).

Reactions: katbel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.