Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

B/D

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2016
I am guessing in 10 hours and 40 minutes….

If RC2 came out last Friday, I would think the final release will come later this week, not today. Because there hasn't been enough time to test the new build.

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
If RC2 came out last Friday, I would think the final release will come later this week, not today. Because there hasn't been enough time to test the new build.
Well, if they had released a new build for testing, maybe. But this was a second Release Candidate. No need to 'test' something that's set for release. They probably found something on their end, server side, that needed to be addressed. I would assume a release today or maybe tomorrow.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
Won't be today, it looks like -- macOS 12.5 RC2 just appeared on the developer site.
Yea, was just gonna say that.

Small chance we get iOS 15.6 later, but very small.

I could see it being tomorrow or Wednesday, depends on 16.0 DB4. I’m going with one tomorrow and the other Wednesday, just not sure on which way round.

Reactions: gank41

B/D

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2016
I wonder why it’s still not released, any ideas when?

I guess since the RC2 of Monterey came out yesterday, we will have to wait until next week. Apple usually like to release all their operating systems updates together the same day, particularly since a few years ago.

cambric

Suspended
Jan 19, 2022
What's the fuss with a release that offers nothing new? 😂 I mean, I'm also checking the forum posts, but can't explain why! Is there a psychologist amongst us that can try to describe this behaviour? 😅
I have 15.6 Release Candidate 2 installed and I can tell you it will change the world as we know it (it removed the duplicate Messages toggle in the iCloud settings)

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
What's the fuss with a release that offers nothing new? 😂 I mean, I'm also checking the forum posts, but can't explain why! Is there a psychologist amongst us that can try to describe this behaviour? 😅
Not to mention most here ALREADY have whats being released. 😂

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.