Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iOS 15 adoption has reached an estimated 19.3% since the software update was released September 20, according to mobile analytics company Mixpanel.

iOS-15-General-Feature-Red-ORange.jpg

Mixpanel measures iOS adoption based on visits to websites and apps that use its mobile analytics SDKs, so the data is not official. Apple has yet to share iOS 15 adoption stats, having last reported an 85% adoption rate for iOS 14 back in June.

iOS 15 adoption appears to remain slower than iOS 14 adoption so far, and there are likely several reasons for that, including Apple providing iOS 14 users with the option to continue receiving important security updates, several iOS 15 features being delayed, and iOS 15 suffering from a handful of early bugs that still need to be fixed.

For example, Apple said an issue preventing some iPhone 13 users from using the Unlock with Apple Watch feature will be fixed in an upcoming software update. The feature is designed to let you unlock your iPhone while wearing a mask, but some users have encountered an "Unable to Communicate with Apple Watch" error message.

There's another iOS 15 bug where performing an iCloud Backup can result in photos saved from an iMessage conversation that is later deleted to disappear from the Photos app, intermittent touchscreen issues on iPhone 13 models, and other problems.

Apple is currently beta testing iOS 15.1, which includes a fix for the Unlock with Apple Watch bug at a minimum, but there is no timeframe for the software update's release. It's quite possible that Apple will opt to release a smaller update such as iOS 15.0.1 to more quickly address some of the bugs and security vulnerabilities that have surfaced.

Article Link: iOS 15 Suffering From Several Bugs as Adoption Rises to Nearly 20%

Last edited:

GeoStructural

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
I have the touch issue. It didn't occur to me that it was a bug until I read it here. Locking/unlocking or swiping up to home screen solves the problem, but I hate having to abandon what I am doing because the screen is not responding.

Other than that iOS 15 has been solid, I like the new features so I accept the trade offs as long as they are fixed soon.

Last edited:

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
That's horrible:

Though we aren't 6 weeks past launch, this is another perspective:

• Wow
Reactions: Babygotfont

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I have the touch issue. It didn't occur to me that it was bug until I read it here. I kept drying out my fingers thinking it was that. Locking/unlocking or swiping up to home screen solves the issue, but I hate having to abandon what I am doing because the screen is not responding.

Other than that iOS 15 has been solid, I like the new features so I accept the trade offs as long as they are fixed soon.
same here. very annoying.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
For such a lackluster release (in terms of features) it’s amazing how many bugs there are. Half of the major features have been delayed, and they weren’t that amazing and earth shattering to begin with. SharePlay? Cool, but not earth shattering

Still no FindMy update for AirPods or legacy contacts, or iCloud relay, or SharePlay or updates for AirPod Pro users with hearing loss. Just a revamped notification Lock Screen and a fancy “Focus” feature. The latter two features would be ideal for a iOS 14.9 update, as they are such small minor quality of life improvements.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.