Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I would give it a couple of days and see how the battery is then. Might be related to the post-update tasks that are making the battery appear worse.

gotcha ill be curious for people's feedback after the dust settles because if im being honest, 16.1 ipsw restore has been great on battery life with my 14PM

Much better than 16.0->0.2->.1 OTA
Went to 16.2 beta 1, then restored to 16.1 -- I doubt anything was left over, but maybe some deep system wide firmware update that cant be reverted from that? Dunno, I think unlikely and more to do with restoring than that possibly but

I'm treading carefully because I have great battery at the moment.

Reactions: Samdh90
Lots of indexing last night. iPhone is fully charged. Let’s see how the battery performs today.

Device: iPhone 14 Pro Max 1TB (Unlocked)

BD821DF0-D31E-452E-844E-BFADEA7D739A.jpeg

Last edited:

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Lots of indexing last night. iPhone is fully charged. Let’s see how the battery performs today.

View attachment 2111089

the odd thing for me is when restoring to 16.1 ipsw and restoring from a 16.1 backup, my phone had great battery life almost immediately. there was no settling period of indexing that I perceived, but... I am very aware how common this is on any update in general.

the odd thing for me is when restoring to 16.1 ipsw and restoring from a 16.1 backup, my phone had great battery life almost immediately. there was no settling period of indexing that I perceived, but... I am very aware how common this is on any update in general.
That's interesting. I charge my iPhone every night with a classic 5W iPhone charging adapter. I've also noticed the indexing takes place heavily around 3 AM and usually lasts 30-45 minutes. When and how often do you charge your iPhone?

Samdh90

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2021
gotcha ill be curious for people's feedback after the dust settles because if im being honest, 16.1 ipsw restore has been great on battery life with my 14PM

Much better than 16.0->0.2->.1 OTA
Went to 16.2 beta 1, then restored to 16.1 -- I doubt anything was left over, but maybe some deep system wide firmware update that cant be reverted from that? Dunno, I think unlikely and more to do with restoring than that possibly but

I'm treading carefully because I have great battery at the moment.
I feel it bud. I bought the 14 Pro and the battery life has been anything but great except 16.1. I am not eager to jump quite yet either.

Reactions: thadoggfather

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Yup, confirm the Volume button is fixed.

Still asks to trust the computer when backing up the computer.

Not sure if the alarm clock Lock Screen widget is fixed or not. It didn't update by just changing the sleep time in the clock app or after a reboot. I deleted my entire sleep schedule in the Health app and created a new one and the alarm clock widget updated. Will know tomorrow if it's really fixed or not.
Alarm clock Lock Screen widget still broken and doesn't update.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
How did you conclude that it’s been fixed? How much more screen active time for the same battery % lose?
It's not so much the screen activity as it is screen off drain. before 16.1.1 after three hours of screen off [not using], battery would go from 80% to 65%. As of the last 24 hours my Phone only gone from 80% to 77% after three hours of screen off.

To note, I have made no changes or altered any settings

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.