Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Exactly why / for what purpose would you want this?
Curious what scenarios you would use this in? It's available to you if you use Google Voice on your iPhone. It announces to all callers that recording has started.
I sometimes find a need to record phone calls when Mr. Tim Cook calls me.

fourthtunz

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2002
Maine
Even states in USA. Some it is legal and some not and then with or without consent. Like every other law it can be 50 different versions in the 50 states. It's so annoying.
I thought it was legal to record a phone call as long as one person knew that it was being recorded?
Sure in most cases you'd want to tell the person that they're being recorded but I thought
back in the day with cassette recorders it was legal..

thegerman

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2023
a shame that this feature was taken out in the first place and to skyrocket airpods sales. But better late than never!
Huh Tim Crook?

SoldOnApple

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2011
This is a good idea. When my friends upgraded to a newer phone we found our call quality between each other improved a lot, I guess because we are on the latest standards. But calling someone with an old android or on an obscure carrier the call quality can be bad. Anything that can help boost or clarify voices will be a good thing, too many times we resort to shouting into our phones to sound clearer instead.

daniesy

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
Mars
I hope it will work with airpods. They’re unusable in the street or in other relatively loud environments.

BobSc

Suspended
Mar 29, 2020
Think of the number of companies where "customer service" promises something, then never does it and claims that it was never promised. Those types of calls often begin with a "this call may be recorded" statement too.
I believe the potential for serious and massive abuse far outways the rare benefit of recording.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I believe the potential for serious and massive abuse far outways the rare benefit of recording.
Calls can already be recorded; you simply need two phones - one to make the call on speaker and one recording a voice memo.

At least if it's built in to the phone, it could play a beep every few seconds to let both sides know the call is being recorded.

I've never needed to record a call, so have no need for this, but I don't see it as a big deal. It'd be fun when calling any company and playing my own "this call is being recorded for training purposes" message right after theirs ...

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
A friend of mine has an Iphone 11 Pro Max with 16.4 installed and we cannot get the Voice isolation to even show up on his phone, we have tried everything, Yes we call each other first lol--Any ideas why? I have read that it will work with Iphone 11's!!

Reactions: viktorhun

viktorhun

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2021
A friend of mine has an Iphone 11 Pro Max with 16.4 installed and we cannot get the Voice isolation to even show up on his phone, we have tried everything, Yes we call each other first lol--Any ideas why? I have read that it will work with Iphone 11's!!
Buy the newer 😬😅

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
“Phone noise cancellation”?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.