Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iOS 17.4.1 and iPadOS 17.4.1 should be released within the next few days, with a build number of 21E235, according to a source with a proven track record.

General-iOS-17-Feature-Orange-Purple.jpg

MacRumors previously reported that Apple was internally testing iOS 17.4.1. As a minor update for the iPhone, it will likely address software bugs and/or security vulnerabilities. It is unclear if the update will include any other changes.

As to be expected, Apple has also been internally testing iOS 17.5, and the first beta of that update is likely to be released this week.

We consider it likely that there will also be a macOS 14.4.1 update for the Mac at some point, as there have been complaints about several bugs on macOS 14.4 related to USB hubs, Java, Bluetooth, printers, audio plugins, and more.

Article Link: iOS 17.4.1 Update for iPhone is Imminent

aidler

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
HomeKit also has a bug. With the 17.4 update, I lost all connections to my Nanoleaf devices.

Reactions: nt5672

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Sounds good to me. I've held off on 17.4 because of the issues people have reported and that it was a rushed out release.

Reactions: Populus

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
HomeKit lights for hue are doing the wrong colors now, and less responsive. It’s very tiring to see how Apple breaks things so frequently late in a release. Timmeh has let things slide and I’d love to see a new current day Steve Jobs. Product guys really should steer this company.

spaxxedout

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2018

iOS 17.4.1 and iPadOS 17.4.1 should be released within the next few days, with a build number of 21E235, according to a source with a proven track record.

General-iOS-17-Feature-Orange-Purple.jpg

MacRumors previously reported that Apple was internally testing iOS 17.4.1. As a minor update for the iPhone, it will likely address software bugs and/or security vulnerabilities. It is unclear if the update will include any other changes.

As to be expected, Apple has also been internally testing iOS 17.5, and the first beta of that update is likely to be released this week.

We consider it likely that there will also be a macOS 14.4.1 update for the Mac at some point, as there have been complaints about several bugs on macOS 14.4 related to USB hubs, Java, Bluetooth, printers, audio plugins, and more.

Article Link: iOS 17.4.1 Update for iPhone is Imminent
Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
Tuesday at 1:00 PM EST
VisionOS 1.2

Reactions: Miicat_47 and F-B-Z
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.