Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I’m pretty eager to install iOS 17.5 and iPadOS 17.5 if they really improve battery life and address keyboard issues, so… when do you expect the final release of 17.5 to be out? May? Or there’s still a chance we could see it this month?

Reactions: Kal Madda

drak22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
Hmm, wouldn't we then already have news about version 17.4.2 showing up in the server logs? :confused:
from the macrumors server? Not at all, if the people who test this possible version do not enter the page, there will be no trace of this version. Intermediate versions are not always seen in the server logs of web pages like this one.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
from the macrumors server? Not at all, if the people who test this possible version do not enter the page, there will be no trace of this version. Intermediate versions are not always seen in the server logs of web pages like this one.
But are more often than not. How else can Apple's software engineers get their yuks from reading the content here?

• Haha
Reactions: gank41

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I’m pretty eager to install iOS 17.5 and iPadOS 17.5 if they really improve battery life and address keyboard issues, so… when do you expect the final release of 17.5 to be out? May? Or there’s still a chance we could see it this month?
No.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I mean, I already know there isn’t any Apple insider on this thread, but… I was just asking if the fellow members had an estimate of whether I should wait until may to read complaints about battery life and not installing it either.
I think its pretty safe to say that 17.5 will release in connection with the iPad releases. Those are currently strongly rumored to occur in the second week of May. So I would look for 17.5 in the hours or days after the iPads are announced but before they go on sale/are delivered from pre-order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.