IOS 4.0 download

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iphonelvr, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Iphonelvr macrumors member

Has IOS 4.0 been posted anywhere for download? I have a 3g.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You need an Apple developer account to get the current GM build; otherwise just wait until June 21st for the official release.

3. Martinsalas310 macrumors regular

just google it..macrumors rules we cant give u a download link but its pretty easy

4. Martinsalas310 macrumors regular

now im just looking for a place to jailbreak it and cant find anything:(

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

does gold master require your device to be on a dev account too? cause if the OP finds a download you may find yourself in a wee bit of trouble activating the phone ;)

Martinsalas310 - assuming you can activate your phone with a support iPhone network sim and have a 3G (not 3GS) then you can jailbreak the 3G here http://wikee.iphwn.org/howto:rsbeta also good to note you wont be able to unlock the handset as yet

6. geko29 macrumors 6502

GM does not require UDID registration. However, it ABSOLUTELY requires iTunes 9.2, which is only available to developers, and only for Mac. If you ain't got it, your phone isn't getting activated, even if you somehow get the OS installed.

Further, in my experience (only 5 phones, granted), only 3GS can be "upgraded" with 4.0 GM. I've tried upgrading three different 3G phones, and none of them would take--it's full restore or no go. And following a restore, of course, all your data is gone, and has to be re-synced--which, in turn, can only be done from a Mac with iTunes 9.2. The phone won't even show up in 9.1.1, let alone allow you to sync or transfer music.

7. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

well thats complicated. think i'll just wait for my iphone 4

8. zildjianfan macrumors regular

iPhone 3G user since day one. Got the GM download as well as the 9.2 beta, had no problems installing as a non-developer. The OS is a bit laggier than I was hoping for but it's not all of the time. Can't wait till the 24th!

[​IMG]