iOS 4.1 Bug Fix- Passcode Lock now working properly!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zub3qin, Sep 1, 2010.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

For those that were made miserable by the Passcode lock bug on iPhone 4.0, I am pleased to report that 4.1 fixes this.

Traditionally if you set a passcode lock, you also pick a time amount before you have to enter the code. Thus if you pick 5 mins, you can turn the screen off, and if you turn it on again anytime before 5 minutes, you don't have to type in the code.

The bug was that this time-out was deactivated. So in 4.0, with passcode lock on, even if you try and turn the screen back on in 2 seconds of turning it off, you have to enter the unlock code.

4.1 is BACK TO NORMAL!!!!!

2. chembox macrumors 6502a

I didn't notice this since I always have mine set to ask for it immediately. :cool:

Is the sacrifice worth the protection of privacy? Probably not.

3. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Glad it's working for you. I never had this issue. Did not even know it was an issue.

4. geko29 macrumors 6502

This bug wasn't present on my 3GS with 4.0, and is not on my iP4 with 4.0 or 4.0.1. My timeout is set to 5 minutes, and works just fine.

5. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

My stance is that it would be very unlikely that within 5 minutes of you shutting off your screen, your phone would be stolen and turned on.

It probably is more like 2 hours...

6. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Was not an issue on any of my test phones under 4.0, 4.0.1, or 4.0.2

7. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

nope no issue here

running 4.0, running exactly as it should

8. zeeflyboy macrumors regular

The problem largely seemed to stem from doing a "reset all settings" and when using a gmail account.

In the absence of a security stipulation from gmail it defaulted to the most secure (password lock immediately)... there was then no way to change it, even deleting all the email accounts didn't work.

Happened to me and it was seriously annoying. There was a work around posted that involved loading a profile onto the phone, but in the end I decided just to set up as a new phone to avoid the problem.

Nice to know it's fixed now at least.

9. bigspooon macrumors newbie

Finally!!

Yah, the previous poster pretty much summed up what caused this error. I'm so happy to hear it's fixed. I'm upgrading tonight. I didn't want to sacrifice my security so I just had the passcode lock turn on immediately but it was such a pain - especially while driving.