iOS 4.3.1 "Call Failed"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thesaint580, Apr 10, 2011.

1. thesaint580 macrumors member

Sorry if I am re-posting this issue. I searched the forums and couldn't find any questions on this and hence posting it.

After upgrading to iOS 4.3.1, have had lot of dropped calls (Call Failed) where in the same spot I had none prior to that. Issue with iP4 and iP3GS running 4.3.1. Anyone with the same problem?

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

3. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

This is a network issue, nothing to do with iOS

Give your network provider a call and see what's up

4. thesaint580 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I already did. Its ATT and they say everything is fine. To add to this, I had no issues before 4.3.1. So thought it might be an issue with this release. Strange.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

What he said. I don't think that iOS decides when to drop a call. This is strictly between you and your network provider.

7. thesaint580 thread starter macrumors member

I tried the Reset Network settings on iP3GS, didnt do nothing. Will try it on iP4 now. Thanks

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Weird, so both iphone 4 and 3GS keep failing calls after updating to 4.3.1?
    I'd try a restore again on both of them and see how that goes. Also try to setup as new to see if that fixes it incase you have a faulty backup you're restoring from.

9. thesaint580 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah both the phones on iOS 4.3.1 had no dropped calls in my home before the upgrade. I always get full 5 bars and never had issues with Call Failed. I did the reset network settings yesterday. After this, started to have dropped calls at work as well since this morning where I never ever had issues. What if the "Resolves bugs related to activating and connecting to some cellular networks" has something to do with this issue.

10. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

You can have all bars and still drop calls.

There are any number of network issues that can cause this - it could be related to the cell site or not.

11. thesaint580 thread starter macrumors member

Ok thanks. I used "Mark the Spot" app to notify ATT of the dropped calls as well. Not sure if its a coincidence that after upgrading to 4.3.1, the Call Failed issue has become frustrating.