Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LandonDonovan

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
hey could you help me choose the right gevey sim card to buy for my iphone 4 5.1.1 with 4.10.01 baseband to be able to unlock with tmobile because im so confused on ebay to choose which one is right for my iphone.
thanks

They all will work on iPhone 4 with preserved baseband using the 112 method. If you want the automatic unlock with Cydia, then spring for one of the Geveys in the hard package. Some require corner cutting where the black Gevey chip is to make room for the rest of your SIM card, so check the auctions for "No Cut." The ones in the hard package are more stable in that they don't drain battery more than 1% per hour. The others usually drain battery 2-3% per hour while idling. This one is pretty good, but you might need to jailbreak unless you're very fast after you dial 112 and push End. Usually, you have to double tap the Home Button to open the Phone app in the taskbar right before you push End Call in order to toggle Airplane Mode to On, wait for No SIM Card Installed, and then toggle Off. If No SIM Card Installed appears before you reach Airplane Mode, you need to restart the 112 process.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gevey-Ultra...330760005901?pt=SIM_Cards&hash=item4d02d5290d

nenestackz

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2012
iphone 4 5.1.1 bb 04.10.01 gevey ultra NO SIM!!

Ive tried everything above and in the previous page. i cant get the phone to recongnize the gevey sim. i jailbroke thru absinte and thru redsnow with no luck. I turn off 3g ,airplane mode on and off, rebooted several times, restored several times to no avail. Please help me someone. one thing i did notice, when on step 4, i had to put a att sim to activate the phone because redsnow didnt activate it. im going to restore and re-jailbreak thru redsnow and leave deavtivate unchecked and see where that goes. please help!!! btw im unlocking for tmobile.

LandonDonovan

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Ive tried everything above and in the previous page. i cant get the phone to recongnize the gevey sim. i jailbroke thru absinte and thru redsnow with no luck. I turn off 3g ,airplane mode on and off, rebooted several times, restored several times to no avail. Please help me someone. one thing i did notice, when on step 4, i had to put a att sim to activate the phone because redsnow didnt activate it. im going to restore and re-jailbreak thru redsnow and leave deavtivate unchecked and see where that goes. please help!!! btw im unlocking for tmobile.

Your Gevey is a dud. It's supposed to come up within 1 minute of powering on.

----------

how can i unlock iphone 4 baseband 5.1.1 please anyone suggest me

You need to pay about $50 for an IMEI unlock. There are various people that do that on this site and require payments via PayPal.

Mendoza629

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
Gevey Sim works on iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1.1 with Preserved Baseband
You can also use Gevey Ultra & install FuriousMod 2.1 for untethered unlock. Add repo h**://cydia.furiousmod.com to install FuriousMod 2.1 iphone 5 and 5.1.1.

If i have a iphone 4 with preserved bb 03.10.01 it will work with the gevey unlock?

Strelog

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
Rocky Raccoon is just the untether. Once you see the Accept or Cancel dialog for the manual process, you need to wait for the switchover from "Searching..." to "No Service." At that point dial 112 and push End. I have one where "No SIM Card installed" pops up in about 5 seconds after pushing End, so I need to double tap the Home button and as soon as Ending Call switches to Call Ended, I hit the settings and enable Airplane Mode. A second later, "No SIM Card Installed" pops up, so I just slide Airplane Mode Off and wait for activation. The main problem is it's not untethered, but it's not an issue if I'm just using it for myself. There's also the ultrasn0wcn one, but it doesn't work for Gevey Ultra if you get the "No SIM Card Installed" message right away. Also, it does the 112 Airplane Mode dialing in the background every time you restart.

Hello! Just some questions as the stated text above isnt 100% clear for me. (Maybe because im German :eek:)
So:
I am doing everything just like you BUT after "No Sim Card Installed" pops up and I slide Airplane Mode off there is no real activation...
It stucks "searching" and then goes to "No service".
I am trying to call 112 one more time but a message pops up saying "No Service".

Someone maybe got a solution there? On 4.3.3 everything worked fine but I didnt save the SHSH blobs...

tom182

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2012
Hello ive got a problem with geting a signal.

iphone 4 using sim gevey card 5.1.1 04.12.01 firmware

So today when my iphone frozzed when i deleted shell from cyidia. I ve restarded the phone and i was stucked to apple screen so i did a "force" restore. After restore my phone was on 5.1.1 and i couldnt activate the phone so i did that with redsn0w and after activation i did the gevey thingy ... accept-dial 112- airplane mode ... but no signal there.. What to do? Is something wrong with gevey card? IS iphone locked ? pls help

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
A bit off topic, but i have seen Gevey sims on ebay at a decent price. Is it safe to buy there? Or is it possible they are fakes (I have read that somewhere previously)

Strelog

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
Hello ive got a problem with geting a signal.

So today when my iphone frozzed when i deleted shell from cyidia. I ve restarded the phone and i was stucked to apple screen so i did a "force" restore. After restore my phone was on 5.1.1 and i couldnt activate the phone so i did that with redsn0w and after activation i did the gevey thingy ... accept-dial 112- airplane mode ... but no signal there.. What to do? Is something wrong with gevey card? IS iphone locked ? pls help

Doenst work under 04.12.01
Only until 4.10.01

tom182

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2012
Ive been searching for that answer all day:D IS there any sim gevey card which works on 04.12.01 baseband? i found solution for few next weeks a new motherboard. IS there comming new sim gevey which will work or what can i do?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Ive been searching for that answer all day:D IS there any sim gevey card which works on 04.12.01 baseband? i found solution for few next weeks a new motherboard. IS there comming new sim gevey which will work or what can i do?

No there is no solution for 4.12.01 BB

Sell it and get an unlocked phone.

Strelog

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010

Dont think there will be a gevey card for that baseband.
Changing the logicboard is the best thing you can do, or just buy an unlocked phone :cool:

LandonDonovan

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Dont think there will be a gevey card for that baseband.
Changing the logicboard is the best thing you can do, or just buy an unlocked phone :cool:

Changing the logic board is the worst thing he can do. He'd inevitably damage a part with no experience working with small parts. Plus, the cost would be about $200. Just buy an IMEI unlock code for $50-$70. They sell them on eBay for around there.

tom182

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2012
Ive changed logic board that day already :D got broken iphone from my friend and its working :) but i still want to use my logic board in new housing.. what is IMEI unlock code what can i do with that*?

LandonDonovan

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Ive changed logic board that day already :D got broken iphone from my friend and its working :) but i still want to use my logic board in new housing.. what is IMEI unlock code what can i do with that*?

IMEI unlock is from Apple and doesn't need Gevey SIM.

tom182

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2012
Ye but will that problem ? Cus im using iphone from usa and im from slovenia. WIll that work on slovenian operator?

bsakthi

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2012
sakthi

i m using gevey sim on iphone4 an d upadte to ios 5.1.1 and jailbreak it and installed cydia,after tat its shows “NO SERVICE”…wat i ll do now???plz help me guys….!!!my BB 04.12.01

Last edited:

bsakthi

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2012
Hello i hv got a problem with geting a signal.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hello i hv got a problem with geting a signal.

A Gevey sim will never unlock your baseband.
Your only option is an IMEI unlock

Varunspassion

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2012
Hi read all the comments here, thank all for giving your time to help ppl who r really got stuck, okay I also have one problem I read articles in other sites but here I think I can get my solution, mine is iphone4 iOS 5.1(9b176) bb 4.10 now wht I want is to jailbreak that even untethered one. OR upgrade my iOS to 5.1.1. So that I can jailbreak that iOS.
Just help me out I am really confused.
Thanks

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
You can upgrade but preserve your baseband, make a No_BB IPSW using Redsn0w, phone in pwnedDFU using Redsn0w, host file pointed to Apple, navigate with iTunes to your IPSW.

iClarified.com has tutorials about how to use a No_BB IPSW

leandrohiroshi

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2011
Brazil
Hi there!

I have an iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.3 BB 04.10.01 already unlocked with the gevey ultra.

I'm trying to upgrade my iPhone to iOS 5.0.1 or 5.1 or 5.1.1, but it's not working. I put my iPhone on pwnd dfu mode with redsnow, and tried to restore, I've got the error 3194 and the error 1600 on iTunes, I've tried edit the hosts by myself, TinyUmbrella(the option "set hosts to..." was greyed out), different computers and OS, but nothing, I'm stuck with those errors.

I know it's not much related to gevey sim, but I'm just desperate. Hehehehe :)

Thank you!

ricco66

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
Gevey Card update

Am using Gevey card for my iphone 4
My iphone version still 4.3.5(8L1) , i am not able to update my iphone to the latest version which is now version 6.0
everytime i plug my phone to my PC for Itunes .. it tells me that you have to update your iphone and all data,contact,photos,video and applications , will be erased from the phone .
So please how to do to update my Iphone 4 to the latest version ?

Thanking you in advance

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Am using Gevey card for my iphone 4
My iphone version still 4.3.5(8L1) , i am not able to update my iphone to the latest version which is now version 6.0
everytime i plug my phone to my PC for Itunes .. it tells me that you have to update your iphone and all data,contact,photos,video and applications , will be erased from the phone .
So please how to do to update my Iphone 4 to the latest version ?

Thanking you in advance

A Gevey sim may not work under iOS6

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.