iPhone Ios 5.1.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DigitalDawn, Dec 9, 2013.

1. DigitalDawn macrumors regular

I have a jailbroken 4S on ios 5.1.1. It seems that every time I try to download a new app that it requires ios 6.0 or higher.

I really don't like ios 7, and I was wondering if there was a Cydia app that would allow 6.x ios apps to work on 5.x?

2. grumpygeorge macrumors newbie

grumpygeorge

That isn't possible as far as I know
    In the past I've got moderate success with some apps by modifying the iOS version using iFile but it was on my 3G which supports up to 4.2.1 and I changed it to 4.3, I don't know what kind of errors you might get by making such a big change.
    it might help reading this thread
    You're either stuck with 5.1.1 or 7 since SHSH blobs don't allow restores on the 4S

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    There is modules there missing that iOS 5 does not have and the app might call for.
    Even if you tricked the iOS version your iPhone can get stuck and will need a restore if you install an app not compatible with your firmware version.

4. braxton34 macrumors member

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

For most apps, yes. I noticed that some apps, such as dataman, do not let you

I was running iOS 6 and I must've installed it in the past since there was a cloud but when I tried to install it, it told me that I needed iOS 7 without letting me install the iOS 6 version

6. rak007 macrumors 6502a

I am also on iOS 5.1.1 and have same issues. Although app store does allow older versions, but some apps play dirty like Fleksy. It refuses to work unless i update it.

7. DigitalDawn thread starter macrumors regular

As of last week, I can't even run the Apple Retail store app any longer. :-(