Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ESPN

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
it's free for PC only, or you pay £5 a monthyou can have it on iPhone, it's any song pretty much, including new stuff and you can manage it all from iPhone, iPad, PC, whatever you want. it's coming to the US apparantly. Tho if you prefer to pirate, then thats your perogative.

Why pay for music when you can get it from youtube.....?

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Where did I say I was pirating anything? I said the music was free, that means free from the producer, as in they do not charge people to download it. I listen to rap mostly, and there are thousands of great mixtapes that are 100% free, and would also probably never be offered on Spotify. Like I said, I'm not interested in paying (any amount of money) to listen to music that is free, and Spotify is not available here (NZ, not the US).

well if it's legally free you can import it into spotify on the computer and it will sync to your devices, you're not just limited to what's on spotify

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Ah I see, I didn't know that.

always be open minded rather than rejecting outright :p

since the US is getting it, i suspect it will become global soon enough.

plus £5 a month is nothing to have access to such a large library of songs. when a new album comes out, i can put it onto my iPhone and iPad and it's all covered by my subscription :)

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
always be open minded rather than rejecting outright :p

since the US is getting it, i suspect it will become global soon enough.

plus £5 a month is nothing to have access to such a large library of songs. when a new album comes out, i can put it onto my iPhone and iPad and it's all covered by my subscription :)

Lol that still doesn't mean I'm going to get it. It's cool but I still don't want to pay for that. iTunes is still far better for my needs, not to mention free. Also, I fail to see how it removes the initial need for browser downloads, since I'd have to download the music on my computer first in order to load it to Spotify.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.