Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daleycss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
In iOS 5, when the os sends the 20% battery remaining signal does it show up as the little bar at the top like the rest of the notifications in iOS 5 or does it pop up like iOS 4? I sort of like iOS 4's way as it seems like a more urgent notification.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
In iOS 5, when the os sends the 20% battery remaining signal does it show up as the little bar at the top like the rest of the notifications in iOS 5 or does it pop up like iOS 4? I sort of like iOS 4's way as it seems like a more urgent notification.

iOS 4 way, it's not changed

daleycss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
good. i feel like i wouldn't notice it at the top in the tiny bar...

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
You can make any app notification banner style (iOS 5), alert style (iOS 4) or turn it off completely. You can also turn off the app badge. There is no battery notification settings however.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
You can make any app notification banner style (iOS 5), alert style (iOS 4) or turn it off completely. You can also turn off the app badge. There is no battery notification settings however.

Correct, so if you would rather have the notifications the old way like myself, you can still do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.