iOS 5 Beta 3

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nicolas4ever, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

Does anybody know when it'll get released ????You can wrte here what in the ios 5 beta 3 can be fixed and what feature you would like to have

2. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

You scared me, man! For a moment I thought you were saying that Beta 3 was out!

Nobody knows when it'll get released. Just chill and enjoy the wait ;)

3. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

i was sure that people will think that is out.i know that nobody knows but we can make predictions... :p:p:p

4. ESPN macrumors regular

I'm assuming somewhere in July or at least by early August but with no set pattern from Apple, it is impossible to predict another beta release.

5. urkel macrumors 68030

The biggest need for iOS 5 Beta 3 is to optimize it for the touch. I love it, but Icant believe how slow it runs right now.

6. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

i was actually hoping for the beta 2 because the 1 was buggy.And now the beta 2 is 100% buggier.is slow it makes weird tricks, i don't know i hope the beta 3 to be better

7. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Tomorrow is 2 weeks since beta 2, chance of seeing it...75%

8. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

i hope so. but the last time it took 19 days to release the beta 2..

9. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Well it was technically 18 days, but you know what I mean :D

Either 8th (2 week mark) or the 12th (18 day mark, as in Beta 1 to beta 2) or July 14 (rumored Lion release date)

10. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

Anyway,i hope for a release tomorrow.And somthing else..The software update it will send a notification saying ios 5 beta 3 available or not ?I'm confused with the way that update will be

11. xaqt93 macrumors 6502

xaqt93

I am pretty sure it will come out tomorrow. A lot of people on Twitter are saying it will come tomorrow but I am not to sure only because no one knows except Apple and they are really good about not leaking any information out about this. I do know that they plan to launch iOS 5 on September 1st. Apple has never released more then 5 betas so if they continue with their two week pattern, they will have to release it earlier are delay each Beta by a few days. :)

12. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

I don't know because they plan to release it officially in September.

13. xaqt93 macrumors 6502

xaqt93

iOS 5 beta 3 to be released on Monday the 11th!

There is a strong rumor that the iOS 5 beta 3 is going to be released Monday on the 11th. My sources are from twitter. @MiApples last post was it is rumored to be released Monday. I dout it. I think that it will be released tomorrow. But I could be wrong.

14. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

Oh man, you are playing a trick on the title.

15. theiphone1 macrumors newbie

IOS Beta 2 & 3 Comments

Well in Beta 2 there are some fix's that need to be done like the following.
    1-Copy And Paste in safari
    2-Safari crash
    3-Sometimes music player doesn't want to play.
    4-Notifications center..Awesome but when I was playing a few games like cut the rop and hells kitchen when swiping even close to the top the notification menu keept drooping down, anytime I went to the side of the game to get food lol. SUCKS!!
    5-I would like to see the camera part set in beta 3 that would be awesome.
    IDK that's about it lol.. Anyone else having these problems? I have already done a fresh install of it to try and fix it..

16. xaqt93 macrumors 6502

xaqt93

I would love to see Wi-Fi sync in windows come. Idk if apple will release that just yet. It is just something we have to hope for. :)

17. admanimal macrumors 68040

It's almost like it's beta software or something crazy like that! :rolleyes:

18. ellscott123 macrumors newbie

Ios 5 problems :(

using an ipod 4G and i am really excited to get ios 5 on both here and my ipad 1.
    but when i try and update i get "the software server cannot be reached" for some reason.

i tried looking at the host file but the line your supposed to add a "#" to isnt there.

if anyone can help you would be saving me alot if time trying to figure this out.

i tried booting in DFU mode and it still doesnt work D:

ANY IDEAS?

19. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

what do you mean to update ? in the ipod with the OTA or with the itunes ?Because if you want to update restore your ipod in itunes you have ti click on the restore button.At this moment that it's a beta you can only update by restoring

20. ellscott123 macrumors newbie

yeah i mean restore, i have the correct IPSW and the Itunes Beta but it says the software server cannot be contacted, this problem has being going on for ages :(

i tried editing the hosts but i couldn't find the line containing anything to do with Apple.. any ideas boss?

21. jhoffy macrumors newbie

Did you ever jailbreak using tiny umbrella? That could be your problem.

22. ellscott123 macrumors newbie

i jailbroke using redsn0w, but i have tried usin tiny umbrella in the past yes.

how can i get around my problem?

oh and im only on 4.2.1

23. jhoffy macrumors newbie

ok.. I'm gonna try to help you as best I can. download tiny umbrella. have it connect to your device. Go into Advanced (located in the middle of the screen). In the advanced menu check to see if the boxes are checked

"Set hosts to cydia on exit"
    "Request SHSH from Cydia"

if they are, uncheck them and then exit out of tiny umbrella.
    If this was the case, your computer is looking for a server that does not exist any more. You need if to find Apple's server to validate your iDevice.
    Also make sure you have your device registered on a Dev account or betas will not work either.

restart your computer.

this worked for me... hope it works for you. let me know.

24. ellscott123 macrumors newbie

do i have to have wifi for my ipod to contact cydia?

and im not registered anywhere but the activation when its installed isnt a problem.
    its just the extraction and install thats a ball ache.

ill give what you said a go now though and let you know

oh and does it have to be the PC / MAC the ipod was originally synced with?