Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TOOFY

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Long Awhlandddd, NY
Listen people,

I am a developer. And I chose to put this on my MAIN device why? because i want to find bugs. I dont use my ipod touch as more as my phone. I dont care about buying another one. Do you see me yelling at apple about how it bricked my phone? No. I simply stated that yes it bricked it. I was aware of the problems it may lead. I got it replaced by them without ANY questions. They even said thank you for testing it out.

P.S. The issue is in top 5 on apples " show stopper " list to fix. So in return i received a gift from them via iTunes.

I think it turned out well, dont you?! :rolleyes:

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Regardless of whether he has one iPhone or ten it's still a $600+ device he can't use. He has every right to be concerned about getting it fixed.
Exactly. Money doesn't grow on trees, especially in this economy. If Apple wants developers to test their beta firmwares then they should expect to replace devices when they become bricked or at the very least compensate them (which they seem to have done in the OPs case).

Thank you OP for the heads up.

Last edited:

TOOFY

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Long Awhlandddd, NY
Exactly. Money doesn't grow on trees, especially in this economy. If Apple wants developers to test their beta firmwares then they should expect to replace devices when they become bricked or at the very least compensate them (which they seem to have done in the OPs case).

Thank you OP for the heads up.

Anytime guys... just remember this beta 4 yet the most stable i feel is more buggier with notifications, sounds, lock ups. etc. Be on the look out.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Anytime guys... just remember this beta 4 yet the most stable i feel is more buggier with notifications, sounds, lock ups. etc. Be on the look out.

I've noticed that even the animations are a little jerky if you are using the Springboard a lot to swipe through applications instead of using the multitasking bar.

Oh, and Google+ doesn't work :/ Not that it matters. It will by the time GM comes out. Oh and BlogPress won't let you submit the post you spent five minutes typing out. That was a little aggravating, but as I said before, expected since it's a beta.

bendrumin

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2009
Minneapolis
If you put your phone in DFU mode, hit restore in iTunes and it will bring you back down to 4.3.5 I had to do that with my girlfriends phone, and she's sticking on that until the 5 comes out.

kailibur

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2011
i was almost a total idiot

so you are a registered apple developer'and this happend? and to think i was gona hack it!:eek: i must be close to the worlds biggest dumbass. its not like i really care abt my 3gtouch tho, especialy with an iphone 5 on the way!

Last edited:

gianthobbit

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2010
I too have the exact same issue... On vacation don't have access to a apple store or my primary machine. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

haXis

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2010
Czech Republic
Restore it in DFU mode
By Developers forum its caused by non standard url scheme in text message.

"http://google.com", dont crash it. If you send/receive "hppt://google.com" then it crashes and you need to restore

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
After reading this thread this morning, I got a scare this afternoon while using my iPhone 4 that's on beta 4. I was taking a picture and all the sudden my screen when dark with just a spinning wheel in the middle (like what shows up for a second when the phone is shutting down). After about 20 seconds of this, my lock screen came up, like the phone had resprung or something. It was weird, and now I can't duplicate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.