Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickrinaldi

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2009
how does the bitesms beta handle imessages, is it only for sms and you have to use both apples app and bite or does it handle both?

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
I'd also love to know of any hacks that cause problems. Right now I'm hitting Safe Mode every time I boot (which sucks on a tethered jailbreak), and I'm trying to remove things until I figure it out.

EDIT: I just checked the Google Doc above. No SBSettings, Activator or Infinifolders yet? Ouch, hopefully they get those ones worked out soon.

Last edited:

joneildu

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
I'd also love to know of any hacks that cause problems. Right now I'm hitting Safe Mode every time I boot (which sucks on a tethered jailbreak), and I'm trying to remove things until I figure it out.

EDIT: I just checked the Google Doc above. No SBSettings, Activator or Infinifolders yet? Ouch, hopefully they get those ones worked out soon.

SBSettings and Activator are working.Anything using mobilesubstrate is broken, I think.

iPagan

macrumors regular
May 31, 2010
My Test

My test results:

Tweaks Compatible with iOS 5:

MyWi
SBSettings
Activator
BBSettings
UISettings
Dimmer
FakeClockUp
CyDelete

Tweaks Not Compatible, but I'd Like to:

InfiniDock
Folder Enhancer
Remove Background
Remove Background SBSettings Toggle
5 Row Keyboard

Last edited:

iPagan

macrumors regular
May 31, 2010
a good replacement for removebackground is killbackground. the repo is: http://cydia.myrepospace.com/ios5beta/

this app allows you to kill all the background apps when you double tap the home button and there will be a small button to press on the app tray

Thanks for the tip. I might try it. It would be nice, if it had an SBSettings toggle.

What about 5-Row Keyboard?

Not compatible. Forgot about that one. It's a shame Apple didn't adopt this in iOS 5.0.

d.shorty1

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2010
working:
SBsettings
Activator
BiteSMS (beta 8)
Folder Closer
Five Icon Dock
Barrel

not working:
Winterboard
Five-Column Springboard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.