iOS 5 = iOS 4+JailBreak

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Neobond, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Neobond macrumors regular

Apple continues to innovate! My 3 most used JailBreak features are LockInfo, Notified Pro, and SnapTap.

This year confirms that no iOS rumors are needed, just look to Cydia to find future apple iOS features.

2. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

3. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

agreed.

ios5 is nothing but a glorified jailbreak. plus 1 or 2 features

4. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

5. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

But now we don't have to wait for Jailbreaks to get the tweaks
    on new firmware.

Apple should listen to the community and incorporate these tweaks
    because people want them.

6. LoganT macrumors 68020

These may be features that have already been available through jailbreaking. But I'm glad I don't have to jailbreak to get them anymore.

7. Iphunn macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_7 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E303 Safari/6533.18.5)

Apple doesn't have to implement any features it doesn't desire to. Why? Cause you'll buy either way.

8. lshirase macrumors regular

really, though, what more can apple do? i am pleased that apple is offering jailbroken features without having to jailbreak the phone.

9. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

yeah I'd have to say thus far the annoucements they have made have been for the most part lackluster. They are basically adding features that have already been available on other platforms for quite some time. I'd like to see something innovative announced.

10. Neobond thread starter macrumors regular

I will give them iMessages. Something that people have been discussing a desire to have in JailBroken devices for awhile, and they brought it first.

11. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

12. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Yeah I'm glad Apple is finally catching up with the notifications... the "swipe down" feature was my most missed feature from Android. My only hope is that there are icons in the taskbar for unread notifications. That is the best reminder for me because I see it every time I look at the phone. If I have to manually swipe down to see notifications, and that's the only way to see them, that would be a bummer... especially for calendar reminders.

13. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

cant say i did. apple presented exactly what i was expecting. same tired ol ios, plus features already given from everyone else. :apple: is on top, so they can release whatever they want and people still drink the kool-aid...including me....:mad:

14. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

What a surprise, all the jailbreak folks say that Apple should copy the JB community, then they do, and people just complain.

15. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

i think its just that apple is late to the game on alot of features. i wanted something to wow me, not make me think finallyyyyyy. instead of waiting for people to beg for stuff, give it to them upfront so they know youre thinking about their needs ahead of time.

16. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

It's quite hilarious when I've been able to do everything Apple has planned for iOS 5 and then some for 2+ years.

17. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

I can say that when I see something that really isn't necessary, I get by no problem. But after what I saw today regarding IOS 5, I can't wait...

18. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Haha yeah that's what I thought too! I wonder whether snaptap/snappy could sue apple for taking their design ideas? Especially if apple is allowed to sue samsung for "copying" the dock and everything.

19. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Edit: Also, can we quickreply to a text in ios5? If not, there's no way I'm switching.

20. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I'm wondering if the Stock and Weather ticker is part of the Notification System permanently. Can it be removed, I wonder?

21. mikejfrd macrumors regular

I'd rather have these features without jail breaking so I'm glad about not having to jailbreak ios5. I was hoping for a different look though. It really does seem like ios5 is playing catch up; which is fine if it's perfected, but having to wait until FALL is a bit ridiculous. It can't take that long to get it perfect. By fall we'll be ready for something else... That being said, I still love my iPhone and iPad and I'm looking forward to the new features.

22. samcraig macrumors P6

...and listen Camera+ - you're made our camera one of the most used around the world. Your app blows all of our camera features away. In fact we had no features really - but you exploited every great API. You even managed to create a hard button using the volume switch.

To reward you - we're going to kick your app out of the app store since you used an illegal API/feature - but then put it in iOS 5 and take all the credit.

Have a nice day.

23. meechy macrumors 6502

Sbsettings or something similar

24. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

lmao. apple can say this to many jailbroken apps, too. i do like that it makes me not want to jailbreak even less, but there are still a couple apps i cant live without

25. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I'm curious if the new text message notification will have a quick reply feature. They basically used the same notifications from MobileNotifier. So it's highly possible. They did mention 200 new features, and only skimmed 10 of them.