Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmads

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2008
UK
WEll I'm downloading ios5 on my iPhone, I'm downloading the software updates for the mac...but I can't get the 10.7.2 update for Lion.

I've gone to the app store and clicked on updates and there isn't nothing. Its still saying the current version is 10.7.1.

I'm in the UK...any ideas?!

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
WEll I'm downloading ios5 on my iPhone, I'm downloading the software updates for the mac...but I can't get the 10.7.2 update for Lion.

I've gone to the app store and clicked on updates and there isn't nothing. Its still saying the current version is 10.7.1.

I'm in the UK...any ideas?!

Click on the Apple in the menu > Run Software Update

madmads

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2008
UK
Ahhh I see. I've done that and its currently downloading the lion recovery update.... it just said on the apple website to do it via the app store hence why I got confused!!

Thank you!

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
Ahhh I see. I've done that and its currently downloading the lion recovery update.... it just said on the apple website to do it via the app store hence why I got confused!!

Thank you!

Yep, there should be two updates, Lion Recovery downloads first and then 10.7.2 downloads. I just cancelled Recovery to start 10.7 first.

----------

3hrs to go, ugh...college internet..

College internet is usually the fastest internet available. :D

madmads

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2008
UK
Thanks Beeps! (sorry thats how I read it!! lol)

Anyway the download for my iPhone has completed but I'm now stuck on backing up iPhone!!! Arghh!! lol

nip848

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2008
ios5 ip4 not installing

Ok. So its downloaded. Issue I am currently facing is that when i try to install the update, it says backing up, the iTunes bar at the top says extracting software, and then comes up with the error-

Iphone 4 could not be restored due to an internal error.

i have the latest iTunes, have just installed 10.7.2 (but not the lion recovery update as didn't want to slow the other downloads down).

i was running the last iOS update before io5.

i see some others are having similar problems, any work arounds found yet?

It seems to happen right after trying to verify with the iTunes store.. Apples servers?

EDIT: Not Jailbroken.

Last edited:

dielow

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2008
If you have a jailbroke iPhone make sure you restore and then install- an update will not work.
I had to do a full wipe in general settings and then install due to jailbreak.

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Still unable to update. iTunes sits there at "contacting the iPhone software update server…" no matter how many times I try. I am able to update everything else, so I suppose it is just Canada's update server being hosed.

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2006
TX
Ok. So its downloaded. Issue I am currently facing is that when i try to install the update, it says backing up, the iTunes bar at the top says extracting software, and then comes up with the error-

Iphone 4 could not be restored due to an internal error.

i have the latest iTunes, have just installed 10.7.2 (but not the lion recovery update as didn't want to slow the other downloads down).

i was running the last iOS update before io5.

i see some others are having similar problems, any work arounds found yet?

It seems to happen right after trying to verify with the iTunes store.. Apples servers?

EDIT: Not Jailbroken.

Having the exact same problem :(

sportfan6197

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2008
im sure this has been asked a million sites, so if there is a thread for this you can just linkme?

im on an iphone 4 ios 4.2 jailbroken. i never really did any of that openssh backup with cydia thing. is there a way to upgrade to iOS 5 and preserve my jailbroken apps?

anyone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.