iOS 5 Jailbreak Apps Not Working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by WindWaker, Oct 13, 2011.

1. WindWaker macrumors regular

Hi, so I redsn0w'd my iPhone 4 running ios 5. I got it working, however, I'm wondering what to do about apps: for example, I downloaded Winterboard, and it opens, but when I check a theme and hit "restart" my theme does not change. Also, dreamboard will not open.

Any fixes?

Thanks!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You have a tethered jailbreak. Use redsn0w to "Just boot tethered".

3. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

also, these apps haven't been updated.

4. WindWaker thread starter macrumors regular

I already did the just boot, so....ya it's Probably an update issue. Hmm anyone else who jailbroke have a fix?

5. d.shorty1 macrumors member

just a matter of time. A lot of the tweaks/themes/etc. have not been updated for ios5. I tried winterboard this morning and it crashed my SB. Nothing serious, but just not ready.

As of now, I'm limited to SBsettings, bitesms, foldercloser, 5 icon dock, and barrel. :D

6. WindWaker thread starter macrumors regular

Which app is the five icon (I tried one and it didn't work :(..). Also, is anyone else having issues with Dreamboard? Can't get mine working...crashes when I open it.

7. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

again, it is not compatible. didn't you read what was said above, or do any research?

"Five icon dock" works with iOS5.

8. WindWaker thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I have. I couldn't find anything on dreamboard not working though, and read an article in which it said for beta it was working.

9. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Winterboard requires Winter Fix. Search and install both from Cydia.

an actual iOS 5 compatible Winterboard is going to hit Cydia any day now, the application is floating around the internet already, if you want to search for it.

10. WindWaker thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, I installed Winterfix (and I find the setting under SB) but it's still not working :( thanks for the help tho. Is there anything else you have to do after installed?

11. WindWaker thread starter macrumors regular

Also, what do you need to do after you install the five app dock? I turned it on in SB settings, but it's not working. Do I need to do anything else?

12. kapolani macrumors regular

13. Synergie macrumors 6502a

I decided to try the tethered JB because I am frustrated with the loss of function in iOS5 from what I had when I was 4.3.3 JB. The JB went flawlessly (tethered reboots a minor pita) SBSettings loaded fine, but then tried to install Winterboard and kept springing into safe mode. I removed that and tried to add David Ashman's beta source, but it wouldn't add (and Lock Info was the only reason I tried to JB right now vs waiting) but since I couldn't get the source added, I couldn't try the beta iOS5 Lock Info either.... so I gave up and Restored for now back to non-JB (why bother with tethered reboots just for SBSettings alone... though I was able to hide stocks again... oh and a point to note... you can't hide News Stand even with Poof!

14. d.shorty1 macrumors member

respring your device if it doesnt do it already. And then drop another icon in your dock, that's it.

----------

personally, ios 5 rips off lockinfo so I really dont see the need for it anymore. All of the info and notifications are on your LS if you set then up that way. As for the tethered, its really not that big of a deal. The iphone 4 and 4S both have amazing batteries so basically a non-issue UNLESS you are adding cydia products that needs reboots.

And yes, you can put newstand in a folder. I have seen at least 2 or 3 threads alone here on macrumors explaining how and what it does.

----------

five-column springboard is not ready

15. WindWaker thread starter macrumors regular

Ya I tried respring-ing a lot, but it just doesn't work. Same with Dreamboard...lol so lost right now :)

16. malias4 macrumors 6502

malias4

some of the apps are beeing made for ios5 allready but im hopping for untethered any time soon , fingers crossed ;)

17. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

Yeah newstand is a folder on its own hence the inability to move it into another folder unless a cydia tweak such as folderinfolder or folderenhancer is installed. There known compatibility issues with iOS5 and folderenhancer so for now the best option is to wait...

18. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Ive found that a lot of things from cydia that modify the spring board are not working. Im just going to wait for a proper untethered jailbreak.

19. WindWaker thread starter macrumors regular

Is there another app you have to download to get FID/ DB working? Right now I just have the two apps installed and set to "on" in sbsettings.

20. d.shorty1, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

d.shorty1 macrumors member

you're right about newstand being a folder. You're wrong if you think you have to jailbreak just to get it into another folder. :rolleyes:

the info was on the first or second page of macrumors main site...do a little research. If you cant find iot there I'd be more than happy to tell..just gotta ask :cool:

EDIT: How to put Newstand in a folder...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1250242&highlight=newstand

21. WindWaker thread starter macrumors regular

On a side note, I jb;'d using 0.9.9.b4 redsn0w, does this affect apps?

22. jahoys macrumors regular

23. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

Thanks, wasn't aware there was already a work around for the newstand folder :p

Nice one...

24. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

25. jlussow macrumors newbie

Just drag another icon to the dock. Works fine for me. I don't even have an SB settings toggle and never knew one existed. I've always just dragged a 5th icon and it worked.