IOS 5 loving it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sectime, Jun 12, 2011.

1. sectime macrumors 6502a

I installed Itunes 10.5 and IOS5 yesterday, after having some glitches like MobileMe email not working with ICloud I fixed everything that concerned me, will wait for the rest. Now I'm syncing 25 Gig of music to 128K on my Iphone, listening to a Genius mix, and just pulled down the Notification screen and read some Emails and texts all at the same time. Suck that Android. I liked my Thunderbolt but missed the polish of Apple. Iphone 4 was a little sluggish doing all this but who cares. Can't wait for Fall

2. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Yeah, Android cant do any of that :rolleyes: . Not to mention iCloud and Mobile me cost you money. Googles dont.

3. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

MobileMe wont exist anymore soon and iCloud is free for most things. Suck that.

4. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

:rolleyes: But it still isnt free now is it? Send these kids to school and they still dont get it.

5. sectime thread starter macrumors 6502a

Depending on what version Android, what carrier, what device, what you say is true except the free part in the fall/ now for what I posted, I already had a DEV account. Google can't do it with the Polish and can't sync to Itunes without third party apps. Google music is free by invite, but not free forever. I tried Amazon cloud music player with my Thunderbolt what a joke, never could listen to one complete song without freezing, On Verizon 4G. After taking three days to upload.

I don't put much weight in free as a decision point for something. Seamless and polished operability is at the top of my list. Competition is good:cool:

6. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

Pretty much any version that came out in the last 18 - 24 months can do that. The things you mentioned you were doing are all fine but to be honest they are things you SHOULD be able to do.

7. shandyman Suspended

iCloud is free now, i'm using it for email, backing up my phone to the cloud, photostream, syncing contacts, etc....

8. sectime thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ahh whats your point?? 18 months is that dog years:D
    My point is now you can... read that again real slow. And better :apple:

9. sectime thread starter macrumors 6502a

To be fair it costs to have a DEV account to get the software. So its not free YET.

10. shandyman Suspended

didn't cost me :p

plus once it's official it will be free, so it's still a valid fact...

11. CaucasionInvasn macrumors member

how did you sync all that music down to 128k? i have to much music it wont all fit on my 16GB any help on how to do this and gain this much needed space would be extremely helpful. thank you.

12. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

The point Vegas and I are trying to make is that it really isn't a bragging point. You said suck that android as if you were discussing some ground breaking feature. Bragging about that is akin to bragging about having AC in your car...it's nice to that you have it...but you SHOULD have it.

13. Shaneuk macrumors regular

Shaneuk

It might seem a stupid question but where can I get OS 5? Or is it strictly for developers?

14. sectime, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2011

sectime thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know the name of this game... not going to play
    Enjoy your phone

Connect your phone in Itunes under Iphone summary click on the box to convert to 128k and resync your music. Saves a lot of space. Can take awhile though

Ahh ok:cool:
    Valid but useless for most.

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Love seeing the android cheerleaders get upset when someone is happy and enjoying their iPhone:D
    Yet, they are posting and browsing an iPhone forum. They are our biggest closet fans.

16. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

The only thing iCloud will cost you is iTunes Match ... all other syncing is free.

17. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I'm having a great time with it too, I especially like the tabbed browsing in safari.

18. shandyman Suspended

it's funny seeing their insecurity coming out tho by saying that it's not free yet lol. just a coupla months and they won't have that to argue.......

19. sectime thread starter macrumors 6502a

I haven't updated my Ipad2 yet. Any other differences? What doesn't work yet?

20. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

No offense, but why write that? That's just going to cause problems, fights, and useless posts (possibly like the top part of this one).

Anyways, glad you are liking 5.0. I just downgraded to 4.3.3 since 5.0 was giving problems; hopefully they are fixed by official release.
    I'm really pissed off though because photos (which I thankfully backed up to a folder on my desktop) were deleted from my phone and I can't put them back on :(

September can't come soon enough because (if) I get a new iPhone, i want to start over fresh with all these pictures and contacts.

21. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

Sorry no game. Just offering a perspective that is different from yours. Take it for what it is and don't try to read into it. It is what it is.

22. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.13548/24.871; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

It is free. iTunes Match is what costs money.

23. sectime thread starter macrumors 6502a

I nor you are responsible for the reactions to posts on a forum. As a longtime user of all three major operating systems I have an opinion and chose to express it. It is their problem, or as my niece says Man up.

24. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

no joke. why was the andriod slam necessary? iPhone and IOS are great so if you like it that's fantastic but why does everything have to be a comparison to Andriod. :rolleyes:

25. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

mobile me is part of icloud now, and its all free, unless you want to store your own personal music on the cloud, and google charges for that too...