iOS 5: Netflix and HBO Go = No worky

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by AJ Muni, Jun 6, 2011.

1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Anyone else running 5.0 experiencing this? Both apps are not working on my iPad 2, so I'm hesitant to install 5.0 on my iPhone 4....bummer :(

2. shawn223 macrumors newbie

My iphone 4 with iOS 5 will not play Netflix movies.

3. cflocation macrumors newbie

4. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

Same here..... also Bluetooth tethering and iHeart radio are not working either.

5. maikuru macrumors newbie

same for HULU :(

They must have changed something with the media streaming. There is going be be a lot of annoyed developers.

6. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

well Im sure as hell not gonna try it till they get these things working....

7. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Why?? It's a beta....you should expect this.....

8. medavecool macrumors newbie

You can add Air Video to that List

You can add Air Video to that List

9. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Exactly! Why do you think it won't be released until Fall? And developers are getting the SDK now? So they can fix these issues before the stable release.

10. vrDrew macrumors 65816

All of those Apps include code that checks the user is running a current version of iOS. And since iOS 5 has only been released as a Developer Beta, its not going to work.

You know, for a long time I'd been under the impression that people who had the skills and computer knowledge to actually write code were fairly intelligent folks.

I'm seriously questioning that assumption today.

Short Story: Apple doesn't want every nimrod with an iPhone to rush out and install iOS 5 right now. They've released 5 as a Beta so that developers can write Apps that take advantage of the new features, and so that they can uncover any unforseen bugs or performance issues. A Beta release isn't the digital version of an early Christmas present.

11. muzzymate macrumors member

Add Barnes & Nobel's Nook eReader as not fully working with iOS5. You can get into a book but the button to go back to your library is missing.

12. SFENDER macrumors newbie

Yep. I want the new features, but I need the device to work and can't be a test monkey for them.

13. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

please keep us posted when you see these things start working!

14. EgbertAttrick macrumors regular

Netflix for iPhone 4 and iPad 1 broken, as well as Air Video, for me, too.

15. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Kind of thinking its not working for anyone right now.

16. rronia macrumors newbie

My company decided to use an IPAD 2 for marketing purposes. Had me write an app for distribution. I upgraded my Ipad 2, itunes and xcode to the beta 5 version for testing. Unfortunately I didn't expect all my apps for streaming video to stop working. Now we have to wait for final release of ios 5 and an app update? I understand it's a beta but we should at least be able to revert back to a previous version.

No worky for HBOGO, Netflix and TWcable.

17. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Seems like all the video streaming apps aren't working with ios 5. I miss my air video the most. Good thing there's the iPad i didn't upgrade...

18. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Why don't you restore it thru itunes? Did you try doing that?

Did you save your SHSH?

19. hatchet135 macrumors newbie

Netflix Fix (for me anyway)

I tried installing a previous version of Netflix I just happened to have on our iPad 2 and it works on iOS 5 (version 1.2.1). It's cool to have the new features and develop with them, but I couldn't have gone far without Netflix to keep me company :)

20. Noisemaker Guest

You seem to be under the impression that these people complaining about issues are actually developers. They aren't. They're people who have talked some paid developer into registering their device UDID or people who signed up for the developer program just to get iOS 5.

They're hacks - plain and simple. There's no reason that they should be using beta software that they have no right to.

And before one of you snaps back with "Well I am a developer," I'm going to go ahead and address that. You're on a public message board discussing functionality of confidential pre-release software. Doing so violates your NDA, therefore invalidating your right to that software. Not only that, but if/when Apple finds out that you're leaking information and violating your NDA, they'll delete your developer account and permanently bar you from the developer program.

21. 3goldens, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011

3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Wow!
    No right to, hacks, sound a little peturbed there mr. noisemaker!
    Thought about an anger managment program?

Well, while were speaking speaking of hacks, Hey hatchet135, not that your a hack, your pretty smart!
    That Netflix version worked for me too..I used ver.1.12...that's the only one I could find but it seems to work fine!

22. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I wouldn't be so sure about that, seeing as just about every tech blog out there pretty openly displayed their copies of the betas and talked about all the features...they haven't had their accounts deleted, been barred from the program, or been asked to remove the information

Apple really isn't as uptight as everyone says they are, or as you seem to think they are

23. DJAKO macrumors 6502a

Maybe you should tell that to arn and the thousands of other websites and YouTubers that have already released this info. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

And for those that had their UDID added, the didn't sign an NDA did they? Apple obviously knows that people are being added to these developer accounts.

24. cheshillsgolf macrumors newbie

Hatchet - Any way you can upload Netflix 1.2.1.ipa for me? I can't find it anywhere online. I tried 1.1.2 but it keeps crashing.

Thanks

25. hatchet135 macrumors newbie

I'll give it a go

I'll try to put it up somewhere torrent-y, it's a free app so I hope it's okay to do that.